Jessops Rip off

Just another example of why jessops are rapidly going down the pan, always been competitive for DSLR bodies but i wouldn't go near them for anything else.:thumbsdown:

So Jessops charge twice as much as Jacobs (!) who are more expensive than Amazon who are in turn more expensive than CameraKing.

There has been quite a few price increases this year on Tamron but Intro 2020 are the main UK importer of Tamron lenses and sometimes do deals. Jacobs could have old stock of this lens.

I have also come across Camera Kings pricing when we get asked to price match in store. You can always contact intro 2020 to see if they are a supplier to Camera King but my thoughts would be that they source from outside Europe.

Maybe worth checking what warranty issues you would have but on a £120 les does it really matter.

Stuart
http://www.digitaldepot.co.uk

It's only a 'rip-off' if you purchase, if you do your research it's called common-sense.

Just another example of why jessops are rapidly going down the pan, always been competitive for DSLR bodies but i wouldn't go near them for anything else.:thumbsdown:

I would, they can be very competitive on flashguns and Manfrotto gear...

They definately have their moments on good prices. But I think their main problem now is getting credit to buy stock.

Not many suppliers can get insurance against supplying them so they cant buy in the volume as they used to or they have to buy stock of things that they know they can sell quick and turn back into cash to keep things moving.

I have to admit that now, I try to exhaust all other possiilities before purchasing something at jessops

That's a shame, I try and buy from Jessops or Merchant City Cameras (the only other camera shop left round here) before ordering something from elsewhere

Jessops are fine if they have something you want at the right price. I consider myself a shrewd shopper and bought my 40D, 1D3 and G10 from Jessops, with the prices aided by discount codes and Quidco cash back, and my 055MF3 from Tecno when it was part of the Jessops group. My 30D and 17-85 came from cameras2u, also part of Jessops. At the time they were the best prices available in the UK, even matching or beating prices from Hong Kong. But it's true, some of their prices are obscene. Use them for the bargains. Walk on by for anything else. I certainly would not go to Jessops expecting to receive worthwhile advice. I get that elsewhere.

Went in to Jessops just to have a look around the other day but it was all just pictures on cardboard and no equipment :(

I would, they can be very competitive on flashguns and Manfrotto gear...

Yes you could be right there Graham, i guess i was thinking more of lenses, i actually bought my last three cameras from them D50/D80/D300 :)

Last edited:
Yes you could be right there Graham, i guess i was thinking more of lenses, i actually bought my last three cameras from them D50/D80/D300 :)

I think I've only ever bought four lenses from them and they were all Sigma..

Back