Jon & Nichola - Engagement

• Thread starter Deleted member 21335
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21335

Ok, here's my second go. I'm happier with the processing of these I think. It's very similar in terms of colours etc but more contrasty. I don't want to deviate too much but still trying to find where I am happy. They were more relaxed than the last couple I worked with and I think this shows. Nichola relaxed more as the shoot went on. The location was the same place (their choice, not mine) but tried to go to different areas. I also concentrated a little more on some of the suggestions from the last thread and worked on getting some closer shots.

Full set of images can be seen here....

http://www.garethmorton.com/blog/2014/4/12/jon-nichola-engagement-shoot

Thanks for looking :)

A great set of images in your blog.....I really liked the third one and the last set.

Gareth just looked through your blog & well excellent set of which you should be very proud.

The couple look very happy & are also very happy in front of the camera :clap:

Gareth just looked through your blog & well excellent set of which you should be very proud.

The couple look very happy & are also very happy in front of the camera :clap:

Thank you. Learning with every shoot hopefully.

What a fab set Gareth! I loved the blog images! You've got a great style. I'm not so good at the outdoor stuff... hats off to you, dude! :)

Excellent stuff. If I'd ever done engagement shoots, I'd have been well pleased with those. Like the processing too :)

Very nice Gareth, i really like the large black & white image, they look so relaxed, ( she is leaning in on him) nice to see some close up stuff too.

Excellent stuff. If I'd ever done engagement shoots, I'd have been well pleased with those. Like the processing too :)

Thank you, Sid. :)

Very nice Gareth, i really like the large black & white image, they look so relaxed, ( she is leaning in on him) nice to see some close up stuff too.

Thank you. Yes, I purposely did some more close ups after the comments on the last set. :)

Really good mate, they look relaxed and you have made the shoot playful which is no mean feat!

Overall really strong and more diverse than the last one, top work :)

Thanks Andy. :)

Really nice set Gareth. Just had a look at the blog you did previous to this one and there's some really nice images there too (the ones in the woods).

Thanks Andy. :)

Very nice images. Excellent pics on the blog too.

I really like the processing - gives things a bit of punch, but still natural looking. Is that done in LR?

Very nice images. Excellent pics on the blog too.

I really like the processing - gives things a bit of punch, but still natural looking. Is that done in LR?

Thanks for the comments Patrick. Yes, all processing is done in LR. It started out as one of these film style presets but I tweaked it (and keep tweaking it until i am happier) to something I prefer. Removed all grain, upped contrast, adjusted a couple of the colour channels. I think it is somewhere where I am about happy with it as I want my processing to be consistent, but settling is proving difficult.

Thanks for the comments Patrick. Yes, all processing is done in LR. It started out as one of these film style presets but I tweaked it (and keep tweaking it until i am happier) to something I prefer. Removed all grain, upped contrast, adjusted a couple of the colour channels. I think it is somewhere where I am about happy with it as I want my processing to be consistent, but settling is proving difficult.

That's a very nice preset. I'd be interested to see it, but completely understand if you prefer not.

I want my processing to be consistent, but settling is proving difficult.

Yes this is exactly my trouble I keep fiddling with all the sliders, 'back & forth', then start again, then try presets with my own tweaking. So I get one with which I am happy save it but when applied to another image it looks cr*p. I wonder - is there too many choices with the PP :thinking:

That's a very nice preset. I'd be interested to see it, but completely understand if you prefer not.

Thank you. :) I'm all for helping but not sure I wanna send you my exact preset?

Very nice mate, :)

Thank you Matt. :)

Yes this is exactly my trouble I keep fiddling with all the sliders, 'back & forth', then start again, then try presets with my own tweaking. So I get one with which I am happy save it but when applied to another image it looks cr*p. I wonder - is there too many choices with the PP :thinking:

There are endless choices with PP. It's finding something that you like I think and suits what you are trying to do and then sticking with it.

Yeah it will because the light will be different or there's more x colour in that image than the last, or there's other factors. I have a rough idea of what I want to achieve and then work from there, no preset will ever work for 100% of images. I have loads saved for various venues and then go to use them and the image looks different to last time I shot there, either my exposure was different or the light was or other factors. That's why presets aint a great idea for a lot of people as they don't know how to get the result they want if it doesn't work... best thing to do is learn to do it all manually and then make presets once you have a real strong grasp of the software imo. I'm a software geek though so maybe I find this easier than some?

Andy my problem is I'm so indecisive these days combined with continually moving tastes. I remember the days when every pic needed a slight vignette but now a definite NO NO. I've been through and come out the other side with liking borders, HDR and pushing the sliders way too far. Still have my flexi taste brain but calming down a lot :)

Andy my problem is I'm so indecisive these days combined with continually moving tastes. I remember the days when every pic needed a slight vignette but now a definite NO NO. I've been through and come out the other side with liking borders, HDR and pushing the sliders way too far. Still have my flexi taste brain but calming down a lot :)

Ahh haha I see what you are saying... I think just find a style that you like and stick to it, create your signature style and just tweak it here and there... no point in reinventing the wheel constantly :)

Yes BUT - Andy my memory is so poor I can never remember what I like from day to day - I was so fed up with the dozens of pre-sets I had made/saved I threw them all out a few months ago not realising I had no back up so had to start again'ish'ish'ish sort of thing :confused:

Back