Jump......

That's a nice shot Nick with a good choice of aperture and shutter speed. I like the composition and I think you've handled the contrast very well considering you were shooting with the light coming from that angle.(y)

George.

Nicely timed shot :)

Apply a lens profile in LR, ACR or Capture One though to get rid of that curved horizon/distortion.. it just shouts at me for some reason.

It doesn't detract from the image, but it's such a simple thing to do and takes 1 second, I feel it's worth mentioning.

That's a nice shot Nick with a good choice of aperture and shutter speed. I like the composition and I think you've handled the contrast very well considering you were shooting with the light coming from that angle.(y)

George.

Thanks George, the lens hood is an invaluable tool, I've no doubt I would have a bit of flair had I of not used it.

Nicely timed shot :)

Apply a lens profile in LR, ACR or Capture One though to get rid of that curved horizon/distortion.. it just shouts at me for some reason.

It doesn't detract from the image, but it's such a simple thing to do and takes 1 second, I feel it's worth mentioning.

Thanks David, very good point I should have applied it. As you say it's only a tick in a box in ACR. I didn't even notice the curvature. Thanks.

Apart from a well timed shot to capture the jump, I wasn't taken with this image initially. However, the contrast between the subjects and their surroundings is brilliant and curious. The norm would be the dog walker in wellies, or kids playing in the sand. But these two look like they're straight off the high street. The contrast between their house of frazer bag and their unlikely beach attire with the surroundings is excellent.

Has me wondering what happened next!!!

Apart from a well timed shot to capture the jump, I wasn't taken with this image initially. However, the contrast between the subjects and their surroundings is brilliant and curious. The norm would be the dog walker in wellies, or kids playing in the sand. But these two look like they're straight off the high street. The contrast between their house of frazer bag and their unlikely beach attire with the surroundings is excellent.

Has me wondering what happened next!!!

If it was just a dog walker I probably wouldn't have taken it, these two did look a bit smart for the beech. it was the House of Frazer pink bag that initially caught my eye which really stood out against the background. There appeared to be a big discussion to jump-or-not to jump?, so I did have a few moments to turn the shutter speed up to 1/1000. I may just send a proof image and a covering letter to the HoF Marketing Manager. It will probably end up in the bin but who knows nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Edited to add: with the lens profile added !

Last edited:
Agree with Pookey about the horizon, but the image looks just as good with the sky completely removed IMO.

Did he get his feet wet? :)

Back