Jumping through

Are you still using lighting from show us your kit thread. Or do you have some new fangled way of lighting???

Thats great it should have been you're TPOTY entry.

Forgive me but I think the shot is not quite one thing or the other. My eyes keep wandering from the spider to the drops of, what I assume to be, water and back again. Is there some reason for the juxtaposition of spider and the droplets of which I am not aware?

Thanks all
Forgive me but I think the shot is not quite one thing or the other. My eyes keep wandering from the spider to the drops of, what I assume to be, water and back again. Is there some reason for the juxtaposition of spider and the droplets of which I am not aware?

Not sure what you mean?

This was just simply one flash mounted on top of the camera dude, angled to my liking and manual flash power

Right I'm coming to your house... i need to see you do these shots! I really don't get how you setup in time.... mind baffled.

Don't give Bryn your address Matt, he's a stalker :D:D:D:D

I love this shot- despite the comment about juxtaposition etc. Nice subject, well lit, sharp and colourful, what more do you need

Les ;)

Am I looking at an image of a spider from a biological point of view or is it an image of spider with droplets of liquid?

Sorry if that sounds arrogant but it is what it is.

Ok lets be honest it is certainly not "a biological point of view" its far too arty for that.... put it on something plain then yes could be a biological point of view!

Don't take too much notice of me, I am just an old fogey bumbling along who just happens to like nature shots which are natural and not necessarily 'arty'.

Scary but can't stop look at him! I'm glad this spider doesn't live in my garden! Very good shoot. I won't do it, don't like spiders :)

As Matt said, it's a Spider making its way through wet grass which happens to have water droplets on it. ;)

It's a lovely shot and personally, I think the droplets add that little bit of something extra to it. I love nature shots that are simplistic too but I also like something that's a little out of the ordinary and not always the easiest to capture or be there at the right time for.

I think I paid my respects to this one on Flickr but just to reiterate, fantastic!

Back