Just a dandelion flower

Name
Sandrine
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm kicking myself. I feel the dandelion should be on the right… however, I'm new to photography and was experimenting in order to get to know my camera and have a better feel over composition. This was taken a few weeks back and I think everything was on auto. I have since moved to doing some stuff using manual.
Criticism very welcome. :)
Thank you.
Sandrine

IMG_6415 by Sandrine H, on Flickr

That is a good shot there Sandrine, you can flip the canvas or image horizontally so the flower ison the right. In your phot editeng software, goto Image>roatation>rotate>horizontal. Or Image>rotation>flip horizontally.

It is a good sharp shot Sandrine so don't kick yourself too much. I would have moved myself rather than the flower - round to the left so the background was completely green.

I would have moved myself rather than the flower - round to the left so the background was completely green.

That's what I meant by I felt the dandelion should be more on the right.. ;) - I took about 20 shots of this dandelion and this one was the best except for my positioning. I just feels like it's kind of looking in towards the left and so the dandelion would have been better a bit more on the right with a nice green blurry background. But I agree also... Quite proud of my focusing... I think I'm slowly getting better... lol ;)

Sandrine

The slight imperfection on the flower top left just raises this from being a nice shot to a more interesting level, nothing wrong with a bit of realism, is there? Also your choice of a humble plant is good, there are just so many perfect roses I can take.

Back