Just seen this is about to start on BBC 4

Just saw this. Wouldn't we all like a little brunette to be checking our shots on the laptop as we shoot and tell us if they are any good.

Quite enjoyed the programme though.

very odd watching this... surprised by how little he actually does...having a team that seems to do everything for him (including editing the images) is just a bit bizarre...

it should really have been called "what do artists and their team of helpers do all day..."

It feels to me a bit like the David Hirst spot debacle, where you're not actually buying something by the artist, but by his company....I guess you're just paying for a name at the end of the day.

very odd watching this... surprised by how little he actually does...having a team that seems to do everything for him (including editing the images) is just a bit bizarre...

it should really have been called "what do artists and their team of helpers do all day..."

It feels to me a bit like the David Hirst spot debacle, where you're not actually buying something by the artist, but by his company....I guess you're just paying for a name at the end of the day.

Thats rather like having a professional lab/or assistant doing his processing and printing when using film.
He sis a pro and thats how he works.

I agree with the comments about his "entourage" and wonder what the likes of Joe Cornish and David Noton would make of it! Mind you, wouldn't it be nice to have a full time Sherpa to lug the heavy kit around, hell even I could make a pretty good fist of "Munroe Bagging" with that sort of assistance lol!

Andy

An interesting watch.

I couldn't give a hoot about studio / model photography but faced with the same challenges all of us have to deal with on Skye or worse, It sticks in the throat a bit when I hear him talking about the challenges facing him.

What riled me part way through the second clip was him going on about being in the zone. Driving around in a car whilst there was a guy cleaning his gear and putting plastic bags over his lens yet he talked about getting on with things and not caring about the weather.

That said - despite a crew to help him on location and a 'technician' to process his shots, it's still nice to hear his take on the landscapes and the project.

Last edited:
I agree with the comments about his "entourage" and wonder what the likes of Joe Cornish and David Noton would make of it! Mind you, wouldn't it be nice to have a full time Sherpa to lug the heavy kit around, hell even I could make a pretty good fist of "Munroe Bagging" with that sort of assistance lol!

Andy
For me though, the lugging of kit round and the conditions are half the fun! It makes it all the more satisfying when I get a shot I'm happy with, knowing I've got up at some ungodly hour, traipsed through fields and woods in the dark, lugging kit about to get what I wanted.

Back