Just wondering....

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
I bought a Canon 28-135mm IS USM Lens from a retailer on ebay for £235 which is considerably cheaper than retail and it came today. It seems to work just fine and the results are very good but it came in a brown box and not a proper Canon box. It seemed well packed and was spotless when inspected. It also came with a warranty card which has 'U.S.A Only' stamped on it.

What does this mean? Have i got a bad'un or is it just how it comes in the box with the camera when buying as a package and someone wanted the body only?

Cheers

Andy

Don't know about Canon lens, but Retail sony ones come in an orange box i think, but the bundle ones come in a white box with very little detail on it.

It may be the same with canon bundles. But is the saving worth loosing any warranty on the lens?

I imagine that it's just a 50D kit lens that's been parted from the body somewhere along the line. Great price for a a very under-rated piece of glass though - so long as you're getting good results from it I wouldn't worry too much about the packaging.

Oh, and hello!

Back