Keep off...

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Having a four week old daughter I haven't been able to get out as much as used to! (Although I'm taking a lot of shots of her!)

Managed an hour out earlier though, not for sunset as I'd have liked, but beggars can't be choosers!

This is the floating pontoon at my local reservoir, recently the sailing club put loads of paint down with various 'clear zones' and instructions, all ignored by the local yooths :)

Keep off... by Rabc3, on Flickr

I've shot this a few times, but not done a moody mono before...

Rob

Edit: Image updated following comments below!

Last edited:
I like it too. It works well on black & white.

I think the horizon is sloping very slightly down to the left, but the horizontal white line in the water just beyond the pontoon creates an optical illusion making it look like it slopes more than it actually does.

Really like this image, works well for me :)

Thanks Joe mate!

I like it too. It works well on black & white.

I think the horizon is sloping very slightly down to the left, but the horizontal white line in the water just beyond the pontoon creates an optical illusion making it look like it slopes more than it actually does.

Something seems off. Not sure if it's the wonky horizon or some kind of distortion that makes everything look a bit crooked. Other than that great shot.

Cheers Andrew and Jordan - I have to admit that I'd forgotten to make the lens correction in LR so there was a little pin cushion distortion and indeed it did have a slight left hand down tilt! Have made a couple of adjustments, but with a number of non parallel horizontal lines, a circular reservoir and a sloping tree line on the horizon it's never going to look bob on I fear. Thanks for your comments chaps :)

Rob

Last edited:
Great work mate, love the moody look.
Even forgetting the distortion it will never look straight due to the shape and size of the place. Just check its level in camera and Bobs your uncle!

I like that

Nice "moody" feel to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

Back