Kegon Falls, Japan

NDS

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
4.jpg

I was fortunate enough to get over to Japan last week. Here's a shot of the impressive Kegon Falls in Nikko. Apparently the autumn colour is just past its best here. It was amazing lower down the mountain, but unfortunately I was stuck on a bus with no hope of getting off.

Thanks for looking.

Taken from a bus you have done really well there ... sort of place you would love to spend some time :)

The focus is not helped by the post processing - I was having a go with the "Orton Effect" which makes it a bit fuzzy.

However you're right that the whole image does not appear to be in focus. I can't recall if I focused on the foreground leaves of the top of the waterfall, but the trees in the distance do seem to be out of focus. I presume F8.0 was not sufficient, but I didn't want to push the ISO any further than 1,000 and I liked the waterfall at 1/100th of a second. I wasn't able to take multiple exposures, so I was a little stuck.

The focus is not helped by the post processing - I was having a go with the "Orton Effect" which makes it a bit fuzzy.

However you're right that the whole image does not appear to be in focus. I can't recall if I focused on the foreground leaves of the top of the waterfall, but the trees in the distance do seem to be out of focus. I presume F8.0 was not sufficient, but I didn't want to push the ISO any further than 1,000 and I liked the waterfall at 1/100th of a second. I wasn't able to take multiple exposures, so I was a little stuck.

I see little point in it being less than ISO 1000 if it is out of focus or suffering from camera shake.

Back