Kestrel from today

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Stopped by at the British Wildlife Centre on the way home today. Normally I can't get near this Kestrel as he is on the move or sitting in a really poor position to take a shot. Today though he was very well behaved and sat there for me to get nice and close :D Trouble is the fence was closer to him then me so it was hard getting that to blur out enough to get the shots to work. Anyway, pleased with these though.

2361858783_0ed3e9deaa_o.jpg

2362690892_ae78b31d06_o.jpg

C&C

Very nice shots of a great bird. Number 2 stands out for me, think its because the background :clap:

Nicely caught (y)
It just seems a "tad" washed out to me anyway
If you don't like the edit just say and it will be nuked (y)

Kes.jpg

Nice shots (y)
The second one stands out for me, and I like the job Cobra has done (y)

My take on it. A bit less orange than Cobra's but I am not an expert on Kestrals so I don't know which is right :)

2361858783_0ed3e9deaa_o_edit.jpg

The edits work well - they're great shots, especially no 2 (can I see your reflection in the eye?). Fantastic detail.
If I'm being picky, its the crop - pity there's no more of the bird (but I guess that's because of the fence issue).

Good stuff nonetheless.

No 1 for me, sharp and sweet, No2, although good, the OOF right wing is slightly distracting.

Am comfortable with your 'saturation' levels.

Good edits, both of them are improvements on the originals :D Thanks.

What is it you are using to bring the colours out, WB, saturation, both or something else? Learning experience continues :LOL:

Yes the crop is tight due to the fence issue and the post he was sitting next too, this was the best shot I could get (yep that's me in there :nuts:)

Looking at it again mine is a tad orange.
Bailout is probabley closer (y)
I just tweaked the shadows / highlights in CS3 and threw in a touch of saturation at the same time

They are lovely birds arnt they !

I must say though, I dont think theres much wrong with the colours in the originals, maybe a little contrast is needed, but to me, the colours look fine.....

Shame about the fence, but what can you do ? :shrug:

Back