kingfisher with 7d2

Seems like a high ISO or little noise reduction!

Why strip the EXIF though? Booooo :p lol

Kevin, technically it's good but seems to lack your usual "sparkle"

what do you reckon?

i agree with you billi i had a lot to learn with the 7d2 and was nothing like the old 7d and was one of the first shots with the camera straight out the camera at 1600 iso about 30 meters on a bad light day i thought people would like to see it?

i agree with you billi i had a lot to learn with the 7d2 and was nothing like the old 7d and was one of the first shots with the camera straight out the camera at 1600 iso about 30 meters on a bad light day i thought people would like to see it?

Always good to see them, Kevin - I always find the blues, mysterious

In my opinion: The moment / pose you have captured is very good. The background is great. The eye and beak (where it matters) is sharp enough but the body is soft and looks rather flat (probably due to the lighting conditions?). Kingfisher plumage is actually tricky to photograph so that it looks realistic.

Depending what telephoto lens you use, 30m distance on a small bird is always likely to have potential problems, and on a dull day.

But I totally sympathise - When you have a new camera you shoot anything and everything just to explore and get to know that camera. And when presented with an opportunity to shoot a Kingfisher.... well, you just take it!!

I have seen your more recent images on your new 7D Mark II and they are improving all the time. I can probably say the same about my efforts on the 7D2 too! I was one of the very first in the UK to receive one and it takes longer than you expect - There's much more to the 7D2 than first meets the eye.

Well move your nose a few feet back from the monitor Joe :) not debating focus ,flatness ,just detail and I reckon their is enough their just my opinion .

Back