Kingy inflight

Far too much motion blur which has killed any real detail on the bird. While it's fine for the wings it does the rest of the subject no favours at all. Slightly too central for my liking too. As a record shot of a Kingy in flight, yeh fine but that's about it's level imo.

I would tend to agree with Brash Kevin. Whilst it is a good start if you are attempting a KF in flight shot,overal it does not have that much of an impact. A background would have helped it tremendously I think,but you would still need to get more of the subject in focus.

As you are probably aware Kev ,this image is by no means perfect ,but I believe it could be your first Kingfisher in flight(please correct me if I am wrong) so saying that its a pretty good attempt and effort to try and get the shot, keep going Kev because you will get a good one eventually .(y)

It's quite "artistic" ……. I'd OOF it a bit more and then claim that that was the effect you were trying to achieve

a kind of "fleeting" moment?

The colours are good, I find with a lot of KF's shots that I see the blues are difficult to show realistically

Last edited:
Back