kirkleatham museum near middlesborough

Lovely richness of the shot. How did you get the sky like that? Agree about the verticals.

Last edited:
I like this, the slow shutter sky is very good

Great sky Nick

I would of been tempted to move the sign outside the building for the shot. I would also clone out the roof poking through the greenery to the left of the shot

A combination of the front-on shot on your Flickr site with some lens correction applied in PP and the sky from this one would of been nice to see

I think a mono version would look good too as well (y)

Last edited:
Nice shot, lovely colours and a great sky! I agree with the points about re small retouches, but I really like this shot (y)

Did you venture into the Owl Centre they have there? Some interesting creatures to capture.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I wondered if anyone would spot that the sky wasn't really a long exposure but done in photoshop.

This is the original image I used.

Its a handheld bracketed 3 shot HDR processed in canon DPP and then Photoshop cs5. I would have done a long exp but as I was out with the family I didn't take my full kit along just my camera and 10-20 :)

Glad you all like it though :)

Thanks for the feedback.

The long exposure with the sky really make the building stand out, Lots of nice fine detail, good job :)

Great sky Nick

I would of been tempted to move the sign outside the building for the shot. I would also clone out the roof poking through the greenery to the left of the shot

A combination of the front-on shot on your Flickr site with some lens correction applied in PP and the sky from this one would of been nice to see

I think a mono version would look good too as well (y)

A couple of edits of a shot I didn't post. Here's the original.....

Here's the edits!

And converted to b&w with an infrared preset and a little bit of dodge and burn and a bit of added contrast

Nick

Last edited:
Back