Kite feeding-Warning there is some gore!

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
Took this today from the hide, its tucking in to a rabbit by the way:)

137.jpg

134.jpg

C&C is fine, thanks for looking - Brian

Both impressive shots, I think No1 is the better shot with the profile of the bird.

Best wishes, Mark

No.1 for me!!

lucky to have witnessed it!!

Very lucky (y) it comes as second nature now, and I am fortunate to have then land on the farm :D

Trouble is you get a bit blase about them :shrug: where as some people would give their all to get shots like this.

It has taken alot of time and patience to get them landing like this just hope we can do the same for these pesky little buzzards (y)

excellent habitat shot .. nature at its best number one for me too
regards ian

Very well caught. Nice to see them behaving naturally.

Dai

Lovely natural shots showing good colour and light control (y)

Both impressive shots, I think No1 is the better shot with the profile of the bird.

Best wishes, Mark

super shots them (y)

Good captures, I presume this a free takeaway for kites :D

No.1 for me!!

lucky to have witnessed it!!

excellent habitat shot .. nature at its best number one for me too
regards ian

No 1 for me , super shot:clap:

A couple of cracking shots..

Thank you very much for your comments:)-Brian

Both great shots truly wild and free. No 1 for me as I feel the gore in no 2 takes the eye off the bird slightly.

Wonderful captures Brian, very nice to see them in such a natural environment doing what kites do.

Di

Last edited:
Good capture Brian (y) You cannot beat a bit of blood and gore :LOL: But then again, if you can handle Nicki`s cooking then you can handle anything :exit: I thought they looked a little soft Brian and done a small edit, will remove if you wish though. I ran this one through Neat Image and then lightened it up a touch with levels.A slight boost to saturation and then a small amount of sharpening.

137_f.jpg

Good capture Brian (y) You cannot beat a bit of blood and gore :LOL: But then again, if you can handle Nicki`s cooking then you can handle anything :exit: I thought they looked a little soft Brian and done a small edit, will remove if you wish though. I ran this one through Neat Image and then lightened it up a touch with levels.A slight boost to saturation and then a small amount of sharpening.

137_f.jpg

:nono: Oh well, YOU won't be tasting it again then :razz: but then after 3 sausage rolls 2 bits of cake and 2 bits of shortbread it must have tasted bad. :shrug:

Last edited:
:nono: Oh well, YOU won't be tasting it again then :razz: but then after 3 sausage rolls 2 bits of cake and 2 bits of shortbread it must have tasted bad. :shrug:

Well if it saves me ending up looking like this then I am glad you have banned me :D

IMG_9177.jpg

Just trying to be polite and welcoming.:shrug: most people appreciate it, but then again, perhaps keep my kites to myself in future.

Last edited:
Maybe i am having a sense of humour failure but to be honest i dont care for your comment in post 17, as far as your edit of my pic is concerned, i honestly prefer the original, i have never seen a kite with beak or claws that shade of yellow, and the whole bird seems sort of flat.

Some cracking shots there! I've just been reading through the mamouth thread from last summer about the time and patience required to get these, it's been worth it!

Both great shots truly wild and free. No 1 for me as I feel the gore in no 2 takes the eye off the bird slightly.

Wonderful captures Brian, very nice to see them in such a natural environment doing what kites do.

Di

Some cracking shots there! I've just been reading through the mamouth thread from last summer about the time and patience required to get these, it's been worth it!

Thank you Di and Les, appreciated.

Hope you enjoyed the thread Pete, madness continues tomorrow, just got to have that Buzzard down feeding:)

Last edited:
Maybe i am having a sense of humour failure but to be honest i dont care for your comment in post 17, as far as your edit of my pic is concerned, i honestly prefer the original, i have never seen a kite with beak or claws that shade of yellow, and the whole bird seems sort of flat.

:agree:

Can't understand it,:thinking: you try and be nice and friendly.

Hope everyone else that has visited has enjoyed themselves here.

I am just fortunate to have the Kites on my doorstep and own a farm and like to share it with people that appreciate it and in return get something back at some stage be it a small amount of knowledge or knowing the fact they have had the opportunity to get some nice shots.

Not cheap to feed the Kites chicken wings for other peoples benefit :shrug:

Just trying to be polite and welcoming.:shrug: most people appreciate it, but then again, perhaps keep my kites to myself in future.

I am sorry Nicki but I think you seem to have taken this completely the wrong way, unless you are winding me up :shrug: :D I am sure those people that have got to know me on here can vouch that I have never said anything to offend or upset them on a personal level. I am sure I showed my appreciation when I thanked you in my Kite thread.

That is a fair comment on the edit Brian. As for having a sense of humour failure Brian, I recall on Thursday after I took some shots of the Kites a guy walked up to me and and muttered " All you will get is a shadow against a Grey sky " turned and walked off again :D I could have taken it the wrong way I suppose but like all comments that are made in this forum I assumed it was just in jest as was my comment. So my apologies to you as well if the pic and comment in #17 offended you in any way.
Rich

Back