La Tour-Blanche, Dordogne (B&W images added for comparison)

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
2 without wires and sign
4 without signage and car
5 slight crop at bottom to remove monster wall

are my choices

cheers
geoff

Nice treatment on these, I like them :)

Thanks for the comment, Geoff.....I agree with #2 and will get around to doing that eventually! I also agree about the car in #4 but then I would have had to do the minibus as well and it would probably have looked a mess! I actually quite like the signage....I know......:wacky:

Thanks, Gramps. Glad you like them.....although I think we might be in the minority!! :D

You live in a beautiful part of the world!

On a personal level the HDR treatment leaves me cold, a sense made worse by the dreadfully exaggerated primary colours of the signage. However I think the subject is great and the compositions are on the whole pretty good.

With that lovely stormy sky and the lack of people I would have come at this from another angle, cloning out the wires, cars and modern signage and building atmosphere in B&W.

Thanks Ariel.....it's not a bad place, is it! Do you know it well?

Thanks Toby.....it is very beautiful. I have actually done one or two in B&W but without cloning anything out.....maybe I'll get the clone tool out and then post a couple! :)

Thanks Ariel.....it's not a bad place, is it! Do you know it well?

I've traveled to Dordogne a few times, I've visited Bergerac, Sarlat-la-Caneda, Périgueux, Eyzies-de-Tayac's grottes, some castles and many other towns and villages of the south. Someday I will visit North Dordogne, from Périgueux to the north. (y)

Realised I never replied to you Russ, so apologies for that.....yes I did and I decided to not even bother trying to get rid of the modern world, there is just too much of it!

Thanks, Paul! :) It doesn't seem that many are on here!! :LOL:

I like the compositions and textures of the buildings, but the HDR is spoiling the shots for me. The weather doesn't look too bright so I'd have thought the dynamic range of the shots wouldn't be so large that you wouldn't be able to achieve it with a single shot. I could be wrong though.

Back