Lady and the Dolphin at Tower Bridge

I think this is a lovely photo. I'd like to see the original and learn what editing you did?

Some lovely colours in this picture, my thought is the bridge is a little too bright compared with the rest of the picture. :thinking:

I think this is a lovely photo. I'd like to see the original and learn what editing you did?

Thanks Simon...I "think" from memory it a went a bit like this..

3 separate shots merged in Photomatix
In to LR for some lens correction/crop and straighten.
Some further tweaks in LR such as warming up, noise reduction and vignetting.
Out to PS for some selective sharpening around the bridge and dolphin.

Done.

HDR as it should be done. I knew someone on here must be able to do it. Top job sir. Nice a subtle, brilliant dynamic range, great tones and a wonderful amount of movement in the clouds. :clap:

HDR as it should be done. I knew someone on here must be able to do it. Top job sir. Nice a subtle, brilliant dynamic range, great tones and a wonderful amount of movement in the clouds. :clap:

Well I don't think I would call it subtle but its still very well done.

Love the sky so often the sky in night shots are just black and featureless this one is spot on and adds so much more to the image. Personally I am not overkeen on the fountain, imo its just vying for prominence with the bridge but as I said it just my opinion, i fancy many will disagree :)

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks Simon...I "think" from memory it a went a bit like this..

3 separate shots merged in Photomatix
In to LR for some lens correction/crop and straighten.
Some further tweaks in LR such as warming up, noise reduction and vignetting.
Out to PS for some selective sharpening around the bridge and dolphin.

Done.

Thanks Trevr; doesn't make a lot of sense to me at the moment but I'll certainly keep a note of this while I go through my editing phase - I've not yet done any editing, but will be looking to experiment in the coming weeks.

Very vibrant and a nice composition:) could be my eyes but the first tower on the bridge looks a bit odd

I'm not usually a fan of highly processed HDR shots but very occasionally it really suits a particular shot and in this case it does give that extra punch to the image.
I love the composition too!

This is great and a good example of a well executed HDR image. It's not overcooked like some HDR colour images you see that just look like clown vomit! :)

I really like it.

That's a lovely shot. I am in London on Tuesday so will be snapping away with my new (to me) Nikon 3100 trying to learn how to use it properly :D

Since I work literally on the other side of the river (and many years ago used to work for the company that owned St Katharine Docks) I should perhaps mention its proper title is "Girl With A Dolphin" by the sculptor David Wynne. ;)

Since I work literally on the other side of the river (and many years ago used to work for the company that owned St Katharine Docks) I should perhaps mention its proper title is "Girl With A Dolphin" by the sculptor David Wynne. ;)

But the internet told me...are you saying the internet is sometimes wrong....this changes everything :LOL:

Thanks for the correction :)

Back