Ladybird (Coccinellidae)

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I rarely contribute to this section, but while out and about today scouting locations for landscape shooting I came across this little one so decided to do a bit of macro.
Haven't used my macro kit in ages, but I'm actually quite pleased with this one. Never got an insect shot I've liked before.
I'd welcome your comments and critique on this one. It's not an area I would even pretend to have expertise in.
Thanks

Ladybird (Coccinellidae) by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

Nice one Jake and i love the negative space to the left, works well (y)

Looks fab the red really pops out here against the lush backdrop and she's purched just right on the cusp :)

Gaz

Looks good to me. I like the "perch" too, almost like a cushion.

Nice one and glad to see you in this little corner of the forum Jake :)

Hi Jake we like to see the pics of the little ones so keep them coming as this is a good part of TP - very friendly (y)

Nice one Jake and i love the negative space to the left, works well (y)
Thanks T! :)
Excellent
Thanks John!
Looks fab the red really pops out here against the lush backdrop and she's purched just right on the cusp :)

Gaz
Thanks Gaz, took a few attempts to get her sitting right, she kept making her way back down the stem.
Looks good to me. I like the "perch" too, almost like a cushion.

Nice one and glad to see you in this little corner of the forum Jake :)
Cheers Tim, now the bugs are out and about I imagine I'll pop up in here a bit more often, I love the challenge of macro photography.
Hi Jake we like to see the pics of the little ones so keep them coming as this is a good part of TP - very friendly (y)
Thanks John! (y)

Back