Lake Kerkini & Dalmatian Pelicans – Greece

buckas

Mister Forum Regular
Name
Drew
Edit My Images
No
If you haven’t been following me on social media and seen some images, I’ve recently returned from a great weekend away to Lake Kerkini in northern Greece to photograph the Dalmatian Pelicans. I was lucky enough to be a team guide on the fabulous NaturesLens tour there. The Pelicans are truly stunning birds when you get up close, and in such a fantastic environment to photograph them – a really special experience!

DrewBuckley_Dalmatian_Pelican_Pelecanus_crispus041.jpg

DrewBuckley_Dalmatian_Pelican_Pelecanus_crispus043.jpg

DrewBuckley_Dalmatian_Pelican_Pelecanus_crispus050.jpg

DrewBuckley_Dalmatian_Pelican_Pelecanus_crispus077.jpg

DrewBuckley_Dalmatian_Pelican_Pelecanus_crispus061.jpg

DrewBuckley_Dalmatian_Pelican_Pelecanus_crispus070.jpg

DrewBuckley_Greater_Flamingo_Phoenicopterus_roseus01.jpg

DrewBuckley_Lake_Kerkini_Greece03.jpg

Brilliant! I especially like #2 of the Pelican 'skiing' onto the water surface.

Brilliant set, in all honesty I'm not into star trails, but apart from that I was trying to pick a favourite ... I gave up as I love all of the rest, such clarity of detail and excellent colour :)

Thanks Gramps - got another hundred odd done. Thought I'd put up the best ones - fab place

Beautiful, it's an amazing place, I went last year but didn't get as close to the platforms as they had fishing nets out.

Thanks Matt, we run many boats trips out so great to get close views + shoreline feeding = many photo opportunities :)

Amazing images, struggle to pick a favourite, they are all that good.

Cracking set Drew, it looks a wonderful location.

Too many to comment on individually although there's something about the clarity, light and backdrop in number 5 that appeals to me.

Stunning set pal, 5 is a bloody winner a real high class shot, one of the best I have seen on here in the bird section for quite a while IMHO, 7 would be second fav from the set, loving the bird in the environmental feel pf the landscape and background is simply superb! Nice blog write up also, Well done should be proud of these:clap::clap::clap:

Fantastic set, #4 is something else and totally different to what I have seen in a long time.

Splendid set!
Nice diversity too. I love the close up with so much detail as well as the shot with more backround interest!

I love going through the flooded forest part, never seen so many cormorants, herons, spoonbills etc in one place, and the noise was incredible!!!

Back