Lancaster flypast

Aha! So that's where it was going! It flew over me near Rivington above Bolton about 4:30pm -coming from Blackpool direction.

Lovely shot!

I saw it performing in Newcastle airshow in Co Down, Northern Ireland where it appeared somewhere around 3.30pm, don't remember exactly. Thats probably why it appeared over Bolton and Rivington at that time. Gorgeous plane. We also had the Vulcan
merv

A Lot of my family's history in those Lancs, I love all photos of them. This one is the last flying example, if i'm correct?

Brilliant photos!

A Lot of my family's history in those Lancs, I love all photos of them. This one is the last flying example, if i'm correct?

Brilliant photos!

Nope, 2 flying... One based in Canada which has flown over here for a month and a bit - Rare opportunity to see 2 Lancasters flying together. Information here: http://www.warplane.com/lancaster-2014-uk-tour.aspx

I like the last photo. Shame you have not got any prop blur though, a shutter speed of about 1/250 would have dramatically improved the photos.

Here's one from Newcastle with a little prop blur at 1/400sec I think.

I saw it performing in Newcastle airshow in Co Down, Northern Ireland where it appeared somewhere around 3.30pm, don't remember exactly. Thats probably why it appeared over Bolton and Rivington at that time. Gorgeous plane. We also had the Vulcan
merv
It departed from Blackpool around that time and did a fly by around Ladybower before returning to Coningsby.

Nope, 2 flying... One based in Canada which has flown over here for a month and a bit - Rare opportunity to see 2 Lancasters flying together. Information here: http://www.warplane.com/lancaster-2014-uk-tour.aspx

I like the last photo. Shame you have not got any prop blur though, a shutter speed of about 1/250 would have dramatically improved the photos.

I wasn't very prepared to be honest!
I didn't know if it was coming this year so i was gardening with both cameras under a jumper! I heard it very late coming from behind the house and missed most of it's first pass as i struggled to get my gardening gloves off!:oops: :$
Should have been prepared!!! oh well!

Back