Landscapes ... Arrrghh!!!

InaGlo

TPer Emerita
Name
Glo
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, so I dont 'do' landscapes and I know the 50mm isnt perhaps the right lens for this but, it was all I had at the time ( apart from macro) and I couldnt resist those bales out in the fields.
I have a few variations of these but I cant decide if I like them or if theyre just plain boring.
Ive done nothing to the first one other than resize and a slight sharpen.
The colours came out that way... the sky was as black as coal but, the sun was shining ... beautiful colours!
The second I was playing around with but again, I just dont think it works but I need someone else to tell me why!
Be as harsh as you like, I dont mind. Ive got the 17-40 to go back any play with now ... If I can find a farmer who hasnt put all his bales away :LOL:

Picture-269091-web.jpg

Picture-269096-web.jpg

lovely shots Glo...I feel the foreground inthe colour shot is a bit washed out? Absolutely love the mono shot though!

great shots glo, i really like the colours, the clouds in the first one look like mono i really like the effect, and the foreground in the second one draws you in, great (y)

Lovely shots glo.

I can see what Marianne means when she says the first ones foreground looks washed out. I don't think necessarily washed out, more not really contrasty, with it being in direct sunlight.

I love both shots though, especially the first. The sky and the colours of the bales just fit for me :)

The second...the mono works etc, you've done it justice, BUT I think compositionally it's not the best.....
The only reason being, that bale on the left, would have looked better if it was either all in or all out (preferably all in)

As you admit to not 'doing' landscapes, I think you're done a cracking job with these two :)

I think these are excellent. Straighten the horizon in the second one and two superb pictures which only need a slight tweak become amazing.

Look at your skies. Superb (y)

I prefer the first one, Glo, although (as already pointed out) the sky needed a little bit of PP work done on it.

I've seen hundreds of fields like this while I've been bombing up and down the country over the last few weeks, and have either not had my camera at the ready or not had the opportunity to stop, so well done for taking the shot that I would have taken! :)

Agree with the comments about the lack of contrast, modelling etc of the first one. I really do like the monochrone shot. Not bothered about the whole bale not being included.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really do appreciate it.
I feel sometimes I look at a pic and think 'wow! thats a goodun' or 'I can do something with that' but then I get pics like these that totally throw me.
I do think I need to read a tut. on composition. I know all about rule of turds etc but when Im 'out there' it feels a whole different ballgame!

Thanks for taking the time to play with them Diego. You have to tell me what you did to the sky, I love that!
Tbh, the horizon was all over the place anyway but I can see that it looks better for a straighten!
I think the framing also lifts them ... something else I need to take the time to do I think.
Thanks all!

I know all about rule of turds etc but when Im 'out there' it feels a whole different ballgame

Oh I know the feeling. I know all about rule of thirds, even reading up on its origin, the golden mean.
I know about lead-iin lines, foreground interest, but I really do still find it difficult sometimes being somewhere and thinking "How do I get shot out of this?" I suppose it takes time really..

Sorry, I'm waffling now...lol

both are really good glo, i could do with some tips myself!

Both excellent, I prefer the colour one in this instance - I love the contrast between sky and field!

PS is my signature showing :thinking: I can't see it! :(

Ah we now know - less than 30 words and your signature doesn't appear. And if it does it won't appear on a second post on the same page.. 28 words - a few more now and it should appear....

And if I'm right it won't appear on this one because its a double posting on the same page - I just need to make sure I have at least 30 words on this post...

Back