Large Camera bag advice...

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
No
Looking for a new Camera bag as my old one is getting abit worn and too small for my needs now, Could anyone suggest a good priced Backpack ( Not looking to spend over £240ish) That can hold two Nikon D3/D4 size DSLR's, Nikon 24-70mm, 70-200mm f/2.8II & 400mm f/2.8 II along with space for a 13inch Macbook.

I have had alook at the Think Tank Accelerator which seems to be a good buy which is priced at £230 mark on Harrison Cameras, but like to hear your views on what to get...

My only advice mate is this, get a big bag by all means, fill it with all your gear, but you have to carry the damned thing.

Knowing your love of wildlife Joe, I would advise something smaller and being more selective on what you carry.

If it is for sports stuff, then i`ll STFU and you carry on mate.........................:)

Lowepro Vertex 300 AW

My only advice mate is this, get a big bag by all means, fill it with all your gear, but you have to carry the damned thing.

Knowing your love of wildlife Joe, I would advise something smaller and being more selective on what you carry.

If it is for sports stuff, then i`ll STFU and you carry on mate.........................:)

I'am really looking for something that can hold all that stuff for the sports mate and that when I go out wildlife togging I can just put my D3 or D800 in along with my 400mm and converter and be done with, and leave the other stuff at home in the old bag :)

I've got a vertex 300 and it's a nice bag. If you plan on carrying it far the expedition 9 might be a better bet as it's a bit longer and more comfortable

I have the Tamrac Expedition 9x down from £387 to £170 on Amazon.

I've got the 8x and it's a cracking bag. If I load it up it takes a 5d3 with 2-3 lenses, mamiya 645 afd ii with 2-3 lenses, a digital back, a Linhof technical dam and lens, ground glass, dark cloth etc, filters etc and a MacBook Pro. It does however weigh 42kg laden which is ok for short hikes but I try not to go up mountains like that.

Kata HB-207 mate, its what i used to fit your gear and more.

Absolutly the strongest bag made, you can even sit on it

Couple of other sports guys on here use them as well, you can also turn it into a trolley if you buy the extra "Insertrolley"

Attachments

• b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
A nature trekker AW II is what I use by Lowepro, it can hold two of my big white canons with camera or an array of smaller lenses.

I would second this. I now split my gear into 7D & long lenses (300 f4, 70-200 f2.8 & 1.4 EX) in one bag, 6D, 17-40, 24-105 and 50mm in another. If I have to take multiple bodies I use my Tamrac Explorer 8 with the 2nd body in the top section. I find carrying a lot of gear on long walks for wildlife shoots is really, really hard work. I may carry the 7D/300/EX1.4 on my tripod with a 6D and 70-200 in a smaller bag, with my water etc.

Hi Joe, Here's another plus for the "Tamrac Expedition 8" it holds a huge amount of kit and can take add-ons as well. Even fully loaded although heavy as you would expect it is very comfortable. I have also purchased a foldable baggage trolley from ebay and sometime strap the bag to that if I've got an exceptional distance to walk. "Perfect".

George.

I've got the 8x and it's a cracking bag. If I load it up it takes a 5d3 with 2-3 lenses, mamiya 645 afd ii with 2-3 lenses, a digital back, a Linhof technical dam and lens, ground glass, dark cloth etc, filters etc and a MacBook Pro. It does however weigh 42kg laden which is ok for short hikes but I try not to go up mountains like that.

I'll agree with this. We have a 7 for holding the video setup and it swallows lots of stuff. The other sugesstion might be to pick up a Lowepro Computrekker. I've had two now, managed to pick the last one up new for £80

From my experiences I wouldn't want to carry that much weight without a proper frame and harness.
Maybe have a look at the hiking orientated packs such as f-stop, no doubt there are others very similar too.

Just got the Thinktank Airport Commuter (a bit smaller than the Accelerator I think!) but holds two full size DSLRs, 400 2.8, 70-200 2.8 and 17-40 with space for rain covers, spare batteries, laptop and charger and other small assorted items. Love it.

Back