Last of the light: Glen Fruin

nicely captured, the open moorland and wide expanse of the scenery really give me an impression of openness and solitude

Reactions: ST4
Yes, good one Steve. It looks like Mars. I like the minimalism of the landscape. It looks a bit hazy which had rendered everything except the near grass a bit soft but I'm viewing on my iPad so it's probably me!

Reactions: ST4
Thanks @Cartus it was a little hazy. It's also so bloody downscaled. If you could see the full res you'd see it the other way. The very bottom corner section of grass is a little OOF as it was right in front of me. It was a tad windy anway so even stopping down to F16 you'd get some movement making it soft. The haziness isn't so bad when you go to 100% view on the 36mp file. Which leads me to @barratt1988 post, the white spec is a farm house. It belongs to a family friend. For that reason alone I couldn't clone it out.

It's bleak up there but was such a great afternoon just walking about, I really should do it more often

Could always burn the farm house down slightly, post production not arson of course.

It's a nice photo but it's missing something it's a bit bland. The sky is ok, the light is good but there's a lot of brown and not a lot else.

Thanks @Michael Batten for stopping by. Its really the subject matter. I searched and searched for a rock, or a set of reeds to act as a FG to lead you in or anchor the frame. I couldn't. The brown comes from the very low sun and the general colour of the vegitation. Ten mins later, I took this

_DSC2056 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

That sky is much better with those lovely golden colours but the foreground is still lacking in my humble opinion. Is that a village in the middle? It's difficult to make it out.

That sky is much better with those lovely golden colours but the foreground is still lacking in my humble opinion. Is that a village in the middle? It's difficult to make it out.

Whole town. It's a low res upload. The full res on the big screen it's all so easy to see. It's a bleak hill, and couldn't get the FG I wanted.

I'm minus a car at the moment but once I get one again I'll head up a more dramatic hill and use this sort of lighting. It's the best for this sort of thing

Back