Late late Brands British GTs.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few of mine, sorry they are a bit late. I tried some different POVs at Druids (for me anyway) from upon my wee stool.

1. Gravel .

Avon Tyres British GT Championship - Brands Hatch 31.08.14.
by Paul Babington Photography, on Flickr

2. Three wheeled Z4.

Avon Tyres British GT championship - Brands Hatch.

3. Tog.

4. Porsche in a blur.

5. Spot the Bentley.

6. Distant Aston.

The rest can be found here if anyone wants a look - https://www.flickr.com/photos/brit_27/sets/72157646704001178/
Avon Tyres British GT championship - Brands Hatch. by Paul Babington Photography, on Flickr

Really like number #1. Would be nice to get a bit more of the gravel being flicked up, but it's always easy to say that when looking back!

Like number #4 too, but I imagine it won't be to everyones tastes. Not a massive fan of #6 though, to me it just seems a bit static when compared to the others.

Also is #3 of a certain Mr. Loomes who frequents this forum? :D

Thanks for your comments George, I followed the white Aston all the way up to Druids after it had ben through the Paddock Hill gravel trap, unfortunately for me I had my 300 prime on so couldn't zoom out to capture the full moment when the car braked.
I've never met Tom so I'm not sure if it is him ? I did see Gary P from the forum hanging over the armco in virtually the same spot though.
I can see what you mean about #6, I captured a FFord car in a similar position earlier but with a nice heat shimmer under it, I think that could have helped with this shot.

4 & 6 for me, pity you couldn't get more of the kerb running back to the apex and less armco. (easy for me to say I don't know the location) Nice work Paul.

Thanks Fran, yes I can see what you mean, one or two in the album do achieve that effect, I think with this particular shot I chose the armco line over the inner kerb line, but the isolation of the subject beyond the grass is a bit too much creating the static effect that George mentions.

Pleased to meet you Tom, sorry for the apparent stalking ;)

Back