Le Mans Classic

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
A few shots from the Le Mans Classic. All edited in LR Mobile from JPGs at the track (not had chance to work on them properly yet)
Incredible experience, shooting from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon with a few stolen hours of sleep on Friday night.
The track is colossal, and makes you work so hard for the shots. To get to the outside of Arnage took around a 30 minute walk from the media centre to my car, then a 40 minute drive on public roads, before another 25 minute walk to get to the spot I wanted. Unlike any other event I've shot.

1. Pitlane movements in the dark
Le Mans Classic by Matty White, on Flickr

2. A Cheetah letting go

3. The beautiful Porsche 911 Turbo 2.1 RSR

4. Lots of dead bugs

5. Group C on Friday evening

6. Aston Martin Speed Model at sunset (needs a proper edit this)
Untitled by Matty White, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

What a great set of images think 5 & 6 are the ones I like the most but they are all great.

Thanks. I like these.

#1 gets most of my main vote. It's quite jarring in some ways and my brain is caught by the colour shapes - and it feels to me like I'm expecting it should be landscape but it isn't. It's the one that I would go back and look at again several times.

After that comes #6 and #3.

Love the colours. 3 & 4 stand out for me but all are quality photos.

As always, impeccable work. First and last are the pick for me but they're all excellent.

Stunners. Love the first one especially. Just says Le Mans all over it.

I like the Cheetah one the best and the last one too!

Last edited:
What a great set of images think 5 & 6 are the ones I like the most but they are all great.
Thanks very much, a really incredible setting to shoot. Such hard work though!
Thanks. I like these.

#1 gets most of my main vote. It's quite jarring in some ways and my brain is caught by the colour shapes - and it feels to me like I'm expecting it should be landscape but it isn't. It's the one that I would go back and look at again several times.

After that comes #6 and #3.
Thank you, yes, the first one was made in the hazy hours through the night time, where a lack of sleep, and exhaustion were the main protagonists in my photography. This one feels like it encapsulates that emotion quite well to me. Glad you pick up on that.
Love the colours. 3 & 4 stand out for me but all are quality photos.
Thank you so much - a really fun experience.
As always, impeccable work. First and last are the pick for me but they're all excellent.
Thanks Rich, I need you to do my PR for me! Such a blast, but I've never had to work so hard to get some shots. Cannot wait to go back and get the ones I missed.
Stunners. Love the first one especially. Just says Le Mans all over it.
Thank you, that's exactly what I was trying to showcase.
I like the Cheetah one the best and the last one too!
Thank you, the Cheetah was one of the rare times I have an appropriate shutter speed for that sort of thing. It was a colossal blaze, really sad to see that sort of damage to a classic race car.
All superb shots. 2 and 6 would be my favourites

Thank you, 6 is one of the quintessential Le Mans sunset locations, we were very fortunate with the weather over the weekend.

Wow. Thinking of attending this next year. Your images give a great flavour of the event. 1,3,5 & 6 are all stunning.

A great take on the event, a step out of the 'norm'. :clap:

Wow. Thinking of attending this next year. Your images give a great flavour of the event. 1,3,5 & 6 are all stunning.
Thank you, I can't recommend it enough. Next year should be great, as it's 100 years since the first Le Mans, so I understand they'll be putting on a massive show!
A great take on the event, a step out of the 'norm'. :clap:
Thank you very much, I try to put my own perspective on the event.
Super set of images Matty, the first one is my favourite.
Thanks Neil, that one seemed to be a hit on Instagram when I posted it, though that edit was done on my phone in between races on no sleep. I'll have to take a proper look at it at some stage in C1

A shot of the Mazda to add to the mix, an incredible priviledge to witness this car on the circuit de la Sarthe, the sound was staggering, and you could trace the car by ear around the whole 8.8 mile circuit.

Untitled by Matty White, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back