Led floodlights

Name
Ferg
Edit My Images
Yes
Been playing around with using colour changing LED floods as a main light source. Trying to bring out the pink lights as much as possible using a different colour flood..... Not really sure what the crackers were for, but the pink lights are part of the whole Christmas thing so in my head I thought they'd add something different to look at[emoji23][emoji23]

cracker by fergusinglis, on Flickr

Lights like those are the bane of my life being an event photographer.

They over-saturate very easily, which is what looks like has happened in this case as well.

It can be difficult to get them showing as colourful, but not just blobs of digital looking colour.
Any tips I can steal from you please? Love the colours these type of lights produce - really vibrant but when I try to capture them they always look either washed out or as you say really over saturated :-/

I find the vibrancy slider (if you're using Lightroom) is normally more useful than the saturation one. I will still play with the individual colour channel saturation sometimes though.

Besides that, tweaking the white balance is a good starting point. When you have opposing cool and warm colours as you do here, it's hard to get a balance.

Also, check what picture style you are using. You may find that the camera neutral or faithful (using Canon terminology) gives you a good starting point.

Switched to faithful as default and not planning to go back, much happier with results in general.

Back