Critique Leeds Castle in Kent

Great set of images Steve, some may not like the HDR stlyle of the first but i quite like it. The composition is nice in the first and the buidling framed very well with the tree.(y) The second one is almost there for me, just zooming out or moving back slightly to include the full reflection of the bird in the water and more of the tree on the right hand side would help IMHO.

I do like the last one overall from the set, maybe just add a dark gradient in the sky from the top of the frame and fade to the castle, great set though.(y)

Thanks for that Steve, you are right ive been told loads of times to check all round the shot before taking the picture the one with the swan is a prime example, I was looking more to get the swan in the picture than the reflection but if id looked at the hole shot I would off seen that it would be a better framed shot if id got the refection of the swan in as well. The Castle shot really didn't quit work as there is also a bit of fading to the right hand side of the panorama, but it was stitched together in photoshop from 4 shots and no tripod so not bad considering it was only my 2nd outing with this camera. Thanks for the comments.:nikon:

1 is the best and no change
2 is sort of stock here and there shot...the castle is the main event and the bird a distraction
the exposure is more bird than sky
3 is lovely in its initial take and i see a rework is getting a bit gothic and surreal and making the sky more the point
the title is leeds castle...emphasise that with not too much work on the cloud base

a real blast though and showing an eye for composition and wise use of equipment

ps is that your red and back scribble on the bottom right
you know if i wanted to protect my shots i would put in a really tiny 'micro sig' somewhere it was unable to be detected...

Last edited:
Back