Lego Star Wars Diorama

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Today my 6 year old son Christopher and I had some fun making this and the taking the photos. He had a go at manual focus, which he's really good at, and he pressed the button for the 2 sec timer. I would like the background to have been darker but this was just for a bit of fun. Endor and the death star come from the planets series of Lego http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Star-W...414494&sr=8-1&keywords=star+wars+planets+lego The two ships are from the newspaper give-a-ways. They are held up with black Lego stands.
Lighting was via a shot through brolly and a 430EXII. We used the Tamron 17-50mm at 50mm. F16
Cs&Cs welcome
Thanks for looking, Mike

Lego Star Wars Diorama
by Raptor Mike, on Flickr

Last edited:
Not sure how well the light sabres light up if a laser pointer hits them but it could be worth a try at reshoot time (if you have one). As you say, Darth Vader is a bit lost against the dark background. If the background is black paper, try sticking a few pinholes in it and backlighting it gently so the pinholes simulate stars for another layer of interest.

Not sure how well the light sabres light up if a laser pointer hits them but it could be worth a try at reshoot time (if you have one). As you say, Darth Vader is a bit lost against the dark background. If the background is black paper, try sticking a few pinholes in it and backlighting it gently so the pinholes simulate stars for another layer of interest.
Thanks nod. Its black mount board whic is white on reverse that I use for photographing small stuff. Still its a good idea though :)

Back