Lehman good service

Kev

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
I took in a 1.7X TC to have checked out as I wasn't convinced it was OK.
They checked the TC, tested it on my camera and lens, and pronounced all OK. He came to the counter to show me the test results and discuss it with me.

NO CHARGE, couldn't believe it but obviously I was very pleased.

Kev

My video camera is with them at the moment, I hope they are good to me as well!

i might be missing something, but if i took something for repair and there was nothing wrong with it I wouldnt expect to get charged.

Although, they are good at lehmanns. I sent them a 3 year old video camera once and they fixed it and billed canon for it :) Nice

i might be missing something, but if i took something for repair and there was nothing wrong with it I wouldnt expect to get charged.

I'm not sure why not. Lehmanns have overheads and wages to pay like any other business and even if there is nothing to fix, there's the administration time taken with paperwork and an engineer's time checking the product over to come to the conclusion that's there is nothing wrong with the item.

I work for an IT servicing company and flabbergasted by the number of people who expect us to carry out a free inspection or insurance report on hardware they've bought from PC World or mail order.

Although, they are good at lehmanns. I sent them a 3 year old video camera once and they fixed it and billed canon for it :) Nice

They must have taken between half and three quarters of an hour to deal with me so I think no charge is noteworthy in this day and age.

Kev

Yeah, they did a great job with my ex 400mm L and then charged me less than quoted!! Excellent!

Back