Lens and Lighting Hire

Edit My Images
Yes
Is anyone out there willing to recomend a place to hire a lens from?

Specifically I'm looking to hire a Canon 70-200 F2.8 IS II for a weekend, recieve on the friday and dispatch on the monday. Never done it before so is there anything I would need to be aware of?

Secondly can you hire out portable lighting such as an Elinchrom Ranger and softbox?

Thanks

:plus1: for Lenses for Hire. The staff there are really helpful to deal with. :)

A vote for LensLocker here. The only difference with LensLocker is the kit arrives on the first day of hire, rather than the day before the hire starts like with LFH etc which is why they are sometimes a bit cheaper. You could get it delivered Thursday, have the hire finish on Saturday, return it Monday. So you get Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday, but only pay for the first 3. Insurance could kick up a fuss though if it's damaged on the Sunday, unless it's covered with your own policy anyway.

I've used LensesForHire as well (I collected from them), very friendly and very accommodating.

A word of caution when hiring a chunky lens like the 70-200 2.8, is to make sure you book collection as well as delivery. I didn't, and to send it back via Royal Mail Special Delivery insured for the correct amount was a shade under £30... Error on my part.

Last edited:
You could hire all that stuff (lens and Elinchrom lighting) from The Flash Centre.

Not sure where you live, but they have branches in Leeds and Birmingham from which you could pickup and drop off the gear which could save some money.

Lenspimp and LensesForHire have always been great for me!
For lighting hire (I use Profoto Pro-B4 every other week) I use Calumet

Minor thread hijack here but, on a similar subject, where do people hire bodies from?

Minor thread hijack here but, on a similar subject, where do people hire bodies from?
Same place you'd hire lenses from, generally.

So if you would be doing it over-the-counter in a shop like Calumet or Fixation, they have a wide range of bodies. If you're doing it via the Internet, we (LensesForHire) have recently started doing bodies but our range isn't that big yet: Canon 1D Mk IV, 5D Mk III, 6D, 7D, 70D; Nikon D3, D4, D300S, D600, D800, D7100.
www.lensesforhire.co.uk/search?product_type=camera
The widest range of bodies online is at Hire A Camera and they're very reliable.

Last edited:
So if you would be doing it over-the-counter in a shop like Calumet or Fixation, they have a wide range of bodies. If you're doing it via the Internet, we (LensesForHire) have recently started doing bodies but our range isn't that big yet: Canon 1D Mk IV, 5D Mk III, 6D, 7D, 70D; Nikon D3, D4, D300S, D600, D800, D7100.
www.lensesforhire.co.uk/search?product_type=camera

Aha! I've hired lenses from you before but the reason for my question was because you didn't do bodies so I wondered where people went for those. Lo and behold... :)

Back