NSFW Lens cloths

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Saw this on YouTube. Unable to embed as on iPad.

Got me thinking. Any thoughts because I always use lens cloths and occasionally a lens Len.

NSFW added due to a few naughty words.

Cheers.

My god people find crazy things to worry over :rolleyes: Oh wait a minute, that must be why all of my lenses and reading glasses have been ruined over the years :p

Takes 7:49 to tell you that they are an abrasive weave and to use cotton buds. Period.

My god people find crazy things to worry over :rolleyes: Oh wait a minute, that must be why all of my lenses and reading glasses have been ruined over the years :p

I'll play crazy when it comes to cleaning the lens of my Nikon 24-70 ;) so you're saying he's wrong?

Takes 7:49 to tell you that they are an abrasive weave and to use cotton buds. Period.

True. Let me know when you next read a book and I'll reciprocate ;)

Don't know whether he's talking garbage (as he calls it) but I find it difficult to believe that anyone who can have tattoos like that can advise on anything sensible. Just my thought on it.

That has to be one of the most ignorant and ridiculous statements I've seen in a very, very long time. Wait, this guy has tattoos, would you say he's qualified to make statement on anything??

Cheers.

Don't know whether he's talking garbage (as he calls it) but I find it difficult to believe that anyone who can have tattoos like that can advise on anything sensible. Just my thought on it.
Are you for real? Your comment says much more than his tattoos.

I'll play crazy when it comes to cleaning the lens of my Nikon 24-70 ;) so you're saying he's wrong?
Well without doing scientific research over long periods of using micro fibre cloths then of course I can't say he's wrong. But I've been using cloths on lenses, glasses etc for years and years, and also know loads of people who do the same and not once have I seen or heard of damage to lenses, coatings or anything of that kind. It's just not something I'm going to lose sleep over ;) I do buy the softer MF cloths over the harsher ones you get free with glasses etc, but that's just because I find they clean better and don't smear as much as the 'free' ones ;) Oh, and I also use a lenspen ;)

Each to their own of course, if people want to panic over such things then that's their prerogative ;) (y)

Well without doing scientific research over long periods of using micro fibre cloths then of course I can't say he's wrong. But I've been using cloths on lenses, glasses etc for years and years, and also know loads of people who do the same and not once have I seen or heard of damage to lenses, coatings or anything of that kind. It's just not something I'm going to lose sleep over ;) I do buy the softer MF cloths over the harsher ones you get free with glasses etc, but that's just because I find they clean better and don't smear as much as the 'free' ones ;) Oh, and I also use a lenspen ;)

Each to their own of course, if people want to panic over such things then that's their prerogative ;) (y)

Fair points.

Cheers.

Back