lens hood questions

Name
gary
Edit My Images
Yes
can anyone tell me if the hood off a canon 24-105 lens fits onto a 10-22mm lens ? and also do i really need a hood for a 10-22mm lens :shrug:

I don't know off the top of my head whether it will physically fit, but I doubt it. Even if it did though, it would be unusable as the hood would be visible in the picture. (The cone of light coming into a 24-105 lens is much narrower than that coming into a 10-22 lens, so the lens hood can afford to be - and is - deeper.)

Do you need one? Define "need". The 10-22 hood is pretty shallow and doesn't offer much protection against unwanted light, and it doesn't offer much physical protection either. Whether the protetcion it does offer is worth having (and paying for) is a decision we can't make for you.

I've got a hood for my 10-22 and although it is very shallow, it does work!! I found I was getting some stray light in through the sides of the lens giving me a bit of flare with bright sunshine every now and then (due to the nature of the front elements on UWA lenses, though its far less boulbus than the Sigma or Tamron equivalents).

Looking at the 24-105 hood, it'll be too deep for the 10-22 and you'll see the edges in the pics.

Back