Lens Pens

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
Simple question, do I need a lens pen and if so which brand?

i just use the brushes on them at the moment, the cheaper ones tend to shed the hairs in the brush :\, also use a less good hair material i think.

Peter, many swear by lenspens and others won't entertain them. Personally speaking, I use one of the Lenspen branded pens and have found them to be very effective on lenses and filters. They are particularly good at removing water spots. However I do not think they are suitable when used for sensor cleaning. The reason for this is the carbon compound contained on the "felt" end can be difficult to remove from sensors.

Andy

They do a specific type non carbon for cleaning sensors.

I like them simple, easy to use do exactly what they are supposed too, clean lenses.

I actually prefer the Hama branded ones although I have them and the lens pen branded type.

Thanks guys. Atm I just use a Giottos puffer and Park Camera cloth for lenses. I use the puffer & brush on the rare times to clean my sensor.
Looks like the lens pens are a useful addition to the camera bag.

I got the Lenspro DSLR Pro kit (3pens in a pouch) from Park Cameras £18

I use LesPens SensorKlears for my sensors when they need a wipe (pollen...) but treat them as a one shot deal for that purpose, then I relegate them to less critical duties like lenses, screens etc. I bought a job-lot from 7dayshop some years ago and still have a couple of virgins left!

Back