Lenscoat/Neoprene where to buy? Opinions?

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

I have a sigma zoom and from previous experience of siggy EX finishes (flaking fairly easily). I'm keen to protect the finish on my current one and quite like the look of the Lenscoat products. Unfortunately http://www.lenscoat.com/ appears to be geared towards the chaps the other side of the pond and therefore I was wondering if there were any UK based companies that sell the stuff... (or any Chinese ninjibongo versions floating about on ebay :D )

Secondly, for people that have them on their lens(es), how have they found them?

thanks,

ads

Warehouse express are the only UK supplier of lenscoat. you could source from the US but after shipping costs etc probably not much difference in price

In answer to the 2nd part of your question, i have found they do the job nicely and give good protection. i do know some people with zooms who have had mixed results and they are expensive. i spent time belly crawling over rocks etc with it on my 400 f/2.8 and it handled it fine

HTH

Andy

Thanks for the responses guys. yar the prices are a bit of an eye waterer for a bit of neoprene with a stitch on one end. £60 for some for the 120-300 :eek:

Paul thanks for the suggestion, i'd much rather make my own from a roll. Thanks for the link!

ads

hang on just saw they have some set ones for the 120-300. awesome x

some people use Buffs as lenscoats, they also make hats and scarves and balaclavas :D linky

theres also talk of getting some TP branded ones but it aint progressing v fast

some people use Buffs as lenscoats, they also make hats and scarves and balaclavas :D linky

theres also talk of getting some TP branded ones but it aint progressing v fast

haha, that's cool. I'll check it out!

you finally got one then?

yeah man Jessops cocked up their pricing for one day... I should've bought two :LOL: First one back focused... went in the next day and got to test the other which was fine.

sorted.

Thanks for the responses guys. yar the prices are a bit of an eye waterer for a bit of neoprene with a stitch on one end. £60 for some for the 120-300 :eek:

Paul thanks for the suggestion, i'd much rather make my own from a roll. Thanks for the link!

ads

I bought a piece about a metre square from Kevin Keatley (Wildlife Watching)
a while ago cost was about £20-£30, had to phone and speak to him. Had to accept what was available at the time, a sort of Reed type camouflage.
My wife had to hand sew as her sewing machine would not take the thickness of the material.
There was enough for a 300mm f2.8, 1d body and two 580 flashguns and a Better Beamer. Suggest you phone and try and speak to him.
C

Back