Lest we forget (pictures back)

Edit My Images
Yes
thought i'd run this B/W past you, see what you think..

soldier.jpg

Boon,

I think the B&W treatment suits the subject and its a subject which means a lot to me...

16845Canadian_War_memorial.jpg

16845plaque1.jpg

16845wall_tynecot_cemetry.jpg

My own pics were snapped with a cheap point-and-shoot...I wished i had the talent and the equipment to have done them more justice...

Regards,

Pete

Boon,

I like the fact the back ground to your shot provides a context...That could be a memorial in any small town or village in the UK, as every one gave up some of its sons to the war....

Pete

Now thats one of those rare shots (in my opinion) that need B/W to focus the subject. Spot on.

I love the sentiment and the compostion. The lighting seems inverse to what I perhaps would like to see. The background is kinda dominating the image because the light is so intense in comparison to the main subject.

Easy for me to say, but I feel it needs taking at a different time of day. That is, of course, if you can do it again.

Do like the shot though. How about a bit of selective colouring on the wreaths'?

I like the way the figure comes up into the sky.... if youd have taken it further back it would have mingled in with the buildings.... this way it stands out brilliantly.

i like it Steve, a good effort

Back