B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

R has a new brother.

RL.jpg

Been a while but I forgot how much I like black and white photos

Abandoned Rowing Boat by Forsyth1987, on Flickr

On the Millennium trail behind Kenilworth Castle perhaps? If so, not so much abandoned, as a symbol of the days when the Great Mere was flooded, and the Castle gentry went by boat out to the Pleasance for an evening disco!

Duplicate post

On the Millennium trail behind Kenilworth Castle perhaps? If so, not so much abandoned, as a symbol of the days when the Great Mere was flooded, and the Castle gentry went by boat out to the Pleasance for an evening disco!

Close but no cigar. This was part of the elephant enclosure in Twycross zoo. I don't think it was meant to be left to get into this state but it now has no bottom and is rotting away in various places.

I do like Kenilworth Castle and go there a fair bit as I have EH membership but I haven't walked the Millennium trail yet. Is it a good walk?

Close but no cigar. This was part of the elephant enclosure in Twycross zoo. I don't think it was meant to be left to get into this state but it now has no bottom and is rotting away in various places.

I do like Kenilworth Castle and go there a fair bit as I have EH membership but I haven't walked the Millennium trail yet. Is it a good walk?

It's a nice gentle stroll, half an hour or so. Go through the style near the main car park, straight through two fields, right down a farm track through two fields (the boat is at the end of the second, you'll see it looks quite similar!), then you're in the field with the Pleasance, various moats etc still visible. Right through a sunken lane, comes up onto unpaved Purlieu Lane, coming out the other side of the Castle, by the Green, Q&C etc. Couple of bits are quite muddy now, near the gates. If you go the other way round in late sunshine, you get nice light on the Castle as you approach it.

This is a pretty terrible shot, but the only one I could find in a few minutes (reminder to self: tag your images better!)...

Reactions: Jao
It's a nice gentle stroll, half an hour or so. Go through the style near the main car park, straight through two fields, right down a farm track through two fields (the boat is at the end of the second, you'll see it looks quite similar!), then you're in the field with the Pleasance, various moats etc still visible. Right through a sunken lane, comes up onto unpaved Purlieu Lane, coming out the other side of the Castle, by the Green, Q&C etc. Couple of bits are quite muddy now, near the gates. If you go the other way round in late sunshine, you get nice light on the Castle as you approach it.

This is a pretty terrible shot, but the only one I could find in a few minutes (reminder to self: tag your images better!)...

Well I will have to take a walk one day and see what I can find. Its only half an hours drive from me and I can take the dog.

London to Mexico Rally in Sofia, Bulgaria, 22 April, 1970. I was working in Sofia for 4 months converting some ICL 1900 structural analysis software to work on an ICL System 4, a newly fledged 24-year-old team leader with 3 other guys for 4 months in a communist country! One day we discovered that the London to Mexico Rally was coming though Sofia the next day, and I took several shots with my Werra 1 from the Institute for Constructional Cybernetics, where we were working. This is car 22, which didn't make it to Mexico City; it was an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Super so maybe not surprising! Driven by Bob de Jong. The folder notes suggest that the film was something like "ORWO S NP20 H9", presumably an eastern bloc film that I bought while there.

CB70C36_Adj by Chris R, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back