LIGHT BULB FUN

Love the 3rd one. too bad the smoke is not focus properly I think.

the 4th one isn't straight or is it just me?

Thanks for your comments.(y) This was my first attempt so it was a bit trial and error.And you only get one very quick attempt per bulb,so I was trying different settings. No.3 was on f4 which could explain the oof smoke. It was the internal bit of the bulb I was more focused on catching. No.4 could be an optical illusion with the shape of the smoke possibly making it look not straight. Good fun to do and will be getting more bulbs to experiment with.
Cheers

How is this done? Is it simply breaking the glass on the bulb then plugging it in? (probably stupid question but not seen this before)

Good first efforts Phil, I'm gonna be trying this in the not too distant future, inspired by the same thread as you no doubt :D

Good first efforts Phil, I'm gonna be trying this in the not too distant future, inspired by the same thread as you no doubt :D
Thanks...probably was the same thread. Saw it and thought must have a go at that.

No2 for me. There are some very creative photos in this section.
Cheers......always think the creative section is good for ideas for rainy days.

Have a look HERE

Nice shots. Particularly no 3.
Thanks Jason.....and thanks for the link, thats where I saw the shots to inspire me to have a go. I like No. 3 myself. Was trying to catch what was happening inside the bulb.

I have been told by two other guys who have done this kind of shot, to connect a dimmer to give you more control over the burning and also gives you a chance to get more shots per bulb. Will have to put my electrical work to practice and rig up one and try again. Watch this space as they say.(y)

I have been told by two other guys who have done this kind of shot, to connect a dimmer to give you more control over the burning and also gives you a chance to get more shots per bulb. Will have to put my electrical work to practice and rig up one and try again. Watch this space as they say.(y)

Good idea ;)

Very nice Phil :clap: I love the way you have put together the series of events in the first one (y)

I really like No3, its just a shame the smoke is a little ooff, but the bulb is spot on!

I'm wondering if you could remove the smoke from number 3 and crop the picture so you just have the bulb would it be better?

Brilliant first try. I have seen quite a few of these recently and keep meaning to have a go. If I get results anywhere near as good as these I will be more than happy.

I'm wondering if you could remove the smoke from number 3 and crop the picture so you just have the bulb would it be better?
Might well have a go at that..

Really nice work (y) I like all of them but the montage of the first one is the one that really works the best for me (y) really well captured and edited together (y)

Matt
MWHCVT
Thanks Matt...I like the individual shots but thought a sequence of one bulb would look good.

Back