Lightroom Export - Nothing Like Edited Version?!

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

Just been touching up a photo of mine in Lightroom and love the look that I managed to get (Nice and sharp with lighting)

HOWEVER - When I head to export it to a JPEG the effects look nothing like they do in Lightroom (Washed out, not as sharp and not the correct lighting) - Can notice this on the sea water

I have taken a screen shot of both to compare.

Any help will be appreciated

LIGHTROOM:

3518lnb.png

EXPORT:
2411949.png

Sorry, but I can't see any difference between them. Hard to know about sharpness because they are so small, and different sizes, but everything else looks exactly the same to me. :confused: :thinking:

Oh, and please tell me you have noticed the horizon. ;) :LOL:

Last edited:
what he said ^^ maybe an idea to dropbox the files so we can see big versions

I think sometimes the viewer can make a huge difference to how a photo looks. What viewer were you using in the 2nd image? If you were using something like the standard Windows Viewer, have you tried viewing it in Photoshop, or loading it back into Lightroom and comparing it?

What colourspace is lightroom set to? I had somewhat similar problems recently because Lightroom was set *edit externally* using Pro PhotoRGB, and even though I was apparently exporting in sRGB, the other colourspace was being embedded and caused problems. Make sure everything is set to sRGB.

BTW your horizon is really wonky. ;)

I see a slight difference. Because I can and other's don't it probably means it's a color space issue. And I'm going to guess that your Jpeg color space setting in the export dialogue is not set to sRGB. Typically, an improperly displayed jpeg w/ AdobeRGB color space will be a little washed out and "grayer."

I see a slight difference.

Well done. ;) I downloaded them (for test purposes) and they saved as png's. I opened them up in Photoshop on two layers, resized them to be the same, as best as I could. I then used an adjustment layer to paint and reveal/cover the image below, and there was no difference I could see. :)

Well done. ;) I downloaded them (for test purposes) and they saved as png's. I opened them up in Photoshop on two layers, resized them to be the same, as best as I could. I then used an adjustment layer to paint and reveal/cover the image below, and there was no difference I could see. :)
It's mostly in the contrast/detail of the water. It could also be the quality setting in the LR export dialogue.

I think the difference is computer - possibly browser - specific. On my work system (windows 8, firefox) there was no difference. On my home system (Linux, firefox) the exported image is noticeably paler than the screen shot. This is almost certainly an embedded colour profile problem, and it won't be visible in photoshop because that handles different colour profiles correctly for each.

Not seeing a difference here.

Then again, how would I? the first one is a screen grab from Lightroom, and if there's a colour profiling issue you won't be able to show that with a screen grab, as I'm looking at it on MY monitor/system, not yours.

Like I said.. both the same here. The export looks sharper, but it would do... the first one is a screen grab, so may be resized and aliased.

There's a possibility you have the same issue as this chap.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/colour-problem-with-cs6.556102/

It';s a colour profile issue. Set EVERYTHING to sRGB.

@SamC123

Read from post #11 onwards in the thread I linked to above.

Back