Lightweight travel tripod

Edit My Images
No
Any recommendations? Need one to fit in a cabin case and only needs to support a Fuji XE1 :)

Have just read an ad for the befree plus bag. Thank you
clear.png

i got one from 7dayshop, its pretty decent and cheap. sadly for sub 1kg you need to go super cheap :\

I have an older Gitzo G1158 that comes in around the the 1kg mark and closed is 48 cm. Probably pick one up now for about 150 quid, fits inside my rucksack and can't fault it

Thinking about a travel 'pod myself. Was looking at this one as well as seems to fold very small and not under the 1KG mark but still lighter than the Monfrotto. Also able to make a monopod out of it. Couldn't find any reviews for the UK (after just a quick search admittedly), but did on the US amazon site which seemed to be generally positive.

Anyone had any experience with this brand??

I dont know rackhs....never heard of them! Basically Im looking for lightweight, inexpensive, will fit into a cabin case and only needed for a CSC camera when travelling with friends. I could kick myself for not having a tripod with me and missed opportunities! (I have a Manfrotto for my DSLR)

I have had teh same quandary for the past week and settled on the Manfrotto BeFree carbon.
Here she is sat next to her big brother, the CX055Q4Pro Carbon

10679935_1563530173875366_329877959290661891_o.jpg

She weighs in at 1.1kg fully assembled with head. Vs the big ones 3.4kg due to the 505pro geared head.

If you have the budget the GT1542T is amazing but it's costly, some of the cheaper brands like Sirui have borrowed lots of features from the Gitzo so may be worth looking at. The Manfrotto BeFree is also a great tripod although it's max weight doesn't quite live up to the fancier carbon Gitzo and Gitzo clones.

If I could get on with twist-lock legs I'd have a Redged TSC-525K but I much prefer lever locks so I currently have an aluminium BeFree (slightly modified to reduce ringing). I'd like the CF version but think the price is too high at the moment. I also like the look of the Sirui ET1204 but it's not available at a sensible price in the UK yet.

Back