Likes, Shares and Comments.

Name
Dade
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey folks,
I wrote a little blog post about FB Likes, Shares and Comments and how to get the most from them. By no means is it definitive but hopefully will shed some light on the subject.

To give you an exert from the post...

Recently Alex Polizzi's The Fixer showcased HECK, a new sausage-making company. They were ignorant of the power of social media and didn't get it or see the point and yet, given that they seemed to have nothing to say or promote (apart from their sausages), they still have 2,700 followers on Twitter and 3,600 'Likes' on Facebook.

Did you know that the Facebook 'Like' has become an important social currency on the web and for brands? Every year, 1.17 trillion 'Likes' are registered on Facebook!

A social media expert for The Fixer said that the breakdown of small business marketers who use social media is as follows: 89% use Twitter, 75% use Facebook and 65% use YouTube. She went on to say that the average person checks Facebook 16 times per day. Given that information, are you now thinking about social media differently?

Today, I think we ignore (at our peril) the potential advantages that social media affords us. Most of the old traditional mediums are no longer available, or they don't work as well as they used to, they don't have the reach, they are expensive and they simply take too long. In comparison, social media outlets are free platforms, and they are quick, pretty simple to use and engaging. You simply need to understand how they work and which one works best for your audience, then create relevant content to share/post.

the link below will share more of my thoughts

http://www.dadefreeman.com/blog/did-you-like-my-photo

I partially agree - though I am wondering a bit, whether "HECK" did do promotional work on facebook - if they are a new company, I would have thought relatively few people would have gone and "liked" their webpage or followed them on twitter without them being a fairly well known brand.

I've had to work hard to get my 1,165 likes and ,my 500 twitter followers so I dont understand why they would get so many likes and twitter followers..

I dont think I've "liked" any food producer, unless there was a catchy-photo or video advert on facebook that drew me there. So either, they have been doing <some> promotional work or buying their likes and followers from a eastern country, which they are cheap. £100 will get you thousands of likes and followers to up your presence, giving your company the false appearance of popularity.

Would be good to analyse their likes, unfortunately, when visiting a company page "likes" section, it only shows you, your friends who have liked them, not the general populous.

I still use facebook as a marketing tool, most of my work has come in from recommendations or through facebook.

I agree, you used to be able to see who had joined, when and their engagement - now it seems only the moderator can. That is how I knew a fellow photographer had paid for his 'likes' the sudden one day spike of interest when nothing had been posted and no particular post had been shared, commented on etc.

It is a battle just to understand how all this works, which confuses me as surely they want people to engage?! Google want us to use their services so why make it so hard to understand the workings of it and where you rank within it?!

Back