Little Bill

Edit My Images
Yes
My youngest, taken in natural, overcast light.

C&C appreciated and welcome, thank you.

2Billhipass.jpg

I like the idea but for me the image is a bit soft across the face and around the fur on the hood. There also seems to be a bit of noise. Have you cropped in tight from a wider shot?

I would have another go, as I like the fur against his face - he also has fab blue eyes.

Maybe try a sharpen across his face and convert to mono????

Thanks for that. It is a bit noisy - it was taken on ISO400 (I was primarily shooting animals in dark enclosures that day!) and this was an off the cuff candid. I notice you have a 30D as well - do you find you have noise issues even at fairly low ISO?

Its not much of a crop to be honest, although it was taken at 170mm.

Here is a mono conversion - any better? I did think of a bit of select colouring on the eyes but thought that might be a bit cheesy :D .

billbw.jpg

Hope you don't mind but I had a quick go in photoshop with it. I have increased the contrast, added a vignette, sharpen etc.

I find the 30D does suffer a bit with noise. I have been told that there is a great piece of software called noise ninja which works quite well during post processing.

I have spent some money on getting some fast glass, which means I can try and keep the iso as low as I can, which has improved my photographic results over upgrading the 30D to a body with better iso performance.

Thanks - I like that. A bit punchier than my version! Cheers for taking the time to do it!

Allie

Great composition, but unfortunately it's soft. Nothing you do will fix that I'm afraid. Those fur lined hoods work well for baby portrait's (y)

I'd love to see another go at it, but try and steady yourself. Shooting at 1/100 should be plenty to maintain sharpness, and the 30D should handle ISO400 fairly well. If you can get a little more light, drop the ISO to 100, and keep the shutter speed over 1/60, you may have more success.

Back