Wild Little owl / Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb

2nd for me Den ... all the little owl character :)

After scouring tracks and farms this week around my local area I eventually found a pair of little owls ,these are the same distance away as my other pair only in different habitat and direction ,after getting permission to set up to try and get shots I got conformation tonight both to go on the land and also spotting both the birds together ,don't know were I am going to find time but I cant resist them ,this is the first shot taken at a distance to just get a record shot ,I may have got closer but I wasn't going to chance not getting a shot Little owl New location by den9112, on Flickr

Spoilt for choice eh Den, some get all the fum :D

View attachment 17942 After finally getting permission from the landowner I could spend some time with a new pair of little owls ,a early start to set up a hide in the dark in hope to monitor the birds (and the two juveniles) at first light ,first to show was a Kestrel and no sign of the owls until 7.00am ,I watched were their favoured perches were after they did a spot of hunting I left and returned a little later. Hopefully this pair can keep me as busy as the other pair ,any images from this location I will keep in here .

Last edited:
Nice one Dennis ,you sure know how to find the little owl , only ever see one hidden in the trees

Back