Wild Little owl (male)

Hi Bill, I have been watching these birds(little owl) for over seven years ,only really decided to start attempting to photograph them a few years ago, the birds keep the territory all year long and share the same area ,problem is they have never used the same nest from a previous year (mine have not ) ,food availability ,weather, etc always plays a part in to were they pick the nest, the male after the first mating session will fly to a possible nest site but in the end the female always decides which one to use ,to be honest Bill I got more shots last year in the territory rather than near the nest ,which I did know were it was, i declined in going near it for shots ,people will vouch for this who know me on here ,maybe it wouldn't have done any harm it was just a personal choice on my part...they are hardy little birds and full of character and I would also add they can be very addictive to watch, I got some video footage tonight for a change ,if you get the chance to watch them near by you wont be disappointed with their antics and you can get hooked on them pretty quick

Back