Liverpool Fashion Week

Name
Gary Mercer
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I would have a go at some photos at Liverpool Fashion Week at Liverpool 1.

Didn't have a clue what I was doing, first time doing anything like this, but I had fun and got chatting to some other photographers.

Saw Pete Carr but didn't get a chance to speak with him, he was very busy.

Anyway, click the link below to see the shots I got

Liverpool Fashion Week at Liverpool 1

Not looking for critique as I know the shots aren't perfect I just thought I would share what I managed to get.

Thanks
Gary

Hi Gary,
The shots are all OK. I know your not looking for critique, I would like to suggest a few things if you don't mind.

1. It's fashion week and all about fashion, so you should try to show that in the pictures.
2. Get rid of shots where people have their eyes shut.
3. Have a look on Getty Images. Look up 'Gareth Cattermole LFW' to see how he tried to capture the events and fashion. He goes for the standard shot, then tries something different.

Looking at your shots, it look like you could quite easily change your approach to get a more professional shot a pro fashion/runway photographer would get.

Thanks Natjag, useful info for if I get to try this again.

Some really good ones in there Gary, I can't really say much more than what Nathan said although some are a little tightly cropped for my liking. Suppose this plays into the point already made about showing more fashion in your pictures.

Back