Liverpools Anglican Cathedral

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
sm_hdrliv10.jpg

I’m not 100% sure on this. Its suprisingly hard to get a good photo of this building due to its size and the light. There’s so much to it, how do you do it justice? I think the problem is that the building kinda blends into the background.

I like it Pete, has some real impact.

Been inside and agree on how big the thig is. :eek:

I really like this. It has a sense of almost movement to it which I guess is weird as it is a building. I think you did a superb job.

Renee

huge place ! mate got married in there a couple months ago ! in the side chapel, then moved into the main cathedral for a blessing at the high altar ! very impressive ! i gave up trying to get a picture that would do the building justice as it was just tooo big to get in !

Dramatic and gothic - I think its fantastic - I share Renee's view on the sense of movement - you can almost see those clouds moving by. What lens did you use out of interest?

I used my Sigma 10-20. I also have the following version which isn't as harsh on the sky.

hdrcath-hdrliv12-.jpg

Stunning building, but as you say, there's not enough contrast between building & sky. I'd be tempted to try a very low saturation version, just to give some deinition between sky + building.

Stunning building, but as you say, there's not enough contrast between building & sky. I'd be tempted to try a very low saturation version, just to give some deinition between sky + building.

Even in the 2nd version? :) I'll give that idea a whirl though.

I really like it, and there are probably a few of us glad you didn't enter it in this months competition.

Unless you have something even better :eek: :D

Well, annoyingly I forgot :D

:LOL:

I'm so pleased. (y)

---

Well I think its a staggering shot Pete, the first one that is....the impact of the clouds and the top spires being slightly lost (very slightly) is irrelevant to the impact of the whole shot I feel.
I find it brooding, mysterious and even slightly scary; love the angle and the whole distorted view thing. Your second process loses most of this type of gothic impact I think.

Fabblinkintastic. :)

:LOL:

I'm so pleased. (y)

---

Well I think its a staggering shot Pete, the first one that is....the impact of the clouds and the top spires being slightly lost (very slightly) is irrelevant to the impact of the whole shot I feel.
I find it brooding, mysterious and even slightly scary; love the angle and the whole distorted view thing. Your second process loses most of this type of gothic impact I think.

Fabblinkintastic. :)

Yeah thats why I prefer the processing on the first. Its more powerful and dramactic.

That shot brings a bloody big smile to my face :D I love it. Did you do and burning in at any parts?

Nah. Just my normal HDR work.

I find it's so difficult to get a decent shot of the Cathedral as there's always scaffolding on the sides of it whenever I go near!
Great images but think I prefer the second (unusual for me as I amost always prefer the most impact shot)

Yeah or to fit it all in you need a wide angle and then you get the stupid lights and extra bits you don't need in. The other one was much easier :)

hellfire and brimstone, this place has biblical proportions, and love the way you have included the sky, dramatic..

sm_hdrliv10.jpg

I’m not 100% sure on this. Its suprisingly hard to get a good photo of this building due to its size and the light. There’s so much to it, how do you do it justice? I think the problem is that the building kinda blends into the background.

This is a stunning picture, you have do the subject justice. :clap: Ian

Cheers guys :) I've gotten good response from other sites and from some other people so it looks like I'll be sending this off for print :D

Back