weekly Lizzy23's 52 thats me i made it 1/2 way, won't get to the end

Thanks for your comments everyone, very much appreciated

Sigh - if I'd of known that you were ironing Liz I'd have sent mine round as well!!

I prefer no2 as well the DOf works well and the stipes of clothes in the reflection were well seen!!

Nice idea and well executed. For my money I'd rather have had the iron itself in focus.

Sigh - if I'd of known that you were ironing Liz I'd have sent mine round as well!!

I prefer no2 as well the DOf works well and the stipes of clothes in the reflection were well seen!!

You've no chance:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: theres more to life than housework.

Thanks for all your comments everyone, am now looking forward to this weeks

That's a pity Liz I could do with my shirts ironing.

I like the idea and my preference goes to #2

No thanks i have a pile of it here again:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Week 3 - sigh ! I like the iron theme and yes it does create that feeling, in my book I could also have used that for 'Fear' !

Well whats sweeter than a pile of cakes :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: especially orange cupcakes and chocolate fairy cakes. On the Technical side i did try a bit of light painting, on the first one see what you think, i have to say i'm really enjoying this having to think through a theme and then stage it, its completely new and very satisfying getting the shot, i'm sure as the weeks go on and the nights get lighter i'll be able to get out more, but at the moment i'm doing something i never do which is take photos in the house

sweet 4 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

sweet 3 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Liking #1. Nice and close. Too easy to take it wider and include the plate so (y) for that.

Nice and warm. Just a small section of the bun seems to be over exposed. :thinking: might be a bit orange?

Cheers.

Liking #1. Nice and close. Too easy to take it wider and include the plate so (y) for that.

Nice and warm. Just a small section of the bun seems to be over exposed. :thinking: might be a bit orange?

Cheers.

Cheers Andy the buttercream is pretty orange anyway, and i may have been a bit direct if you know what i mean with the light, but one to keep an eye on next time

Ooo they look scrummy Liz... I'm liking the close up image too, making me want more - Good work with the light painting, Great Shots (y)

Thanks, as i said indoor staged shooting is not really my thing, but i am enjoying this

Great start to your 52 Liz.

Loving the b&w versions in the first 2 themes.
Wonderful take on the sigh theme, 2nd shot of those just edges it for me.
Liking the cakes too, nice warm shot.

Mmmmmm cakes. :clap:

not something i eat, i work in a bakery, where we make these:):)

Are you married Liz? :love::love::love:

Great shots, especially the first one; love the warm glow :)

Are you married Liz? :love::love::love:

Great shots, especially the first one; love the warm glow :)

yes it will be my 19th wedding anniversary this year ( i was a child bride):LOL::LOL: and thanks for the comments

yes it will be my 19th wedding anniversary this year ( i was a child bride):LOL::LOL:

Oh well, it was worth a try!

Another lifer then eh, like me; 25 years this year. In fact I need week 37's theme to be "The Sound of Music" please, as we're off to Austria to celebrate!

#1 for me Liz, I like the tighter crop and your use of DOF.

I hope some of these find their way into your van for our holiday!!:):)

Thanks Sarah, the cup cakes won't as they were a developement trial but can probably manage some Fairy;)

I thought I'd commented on your thread but obviously not.

First - good clear shot particularly in colour.
Second - not a fan I'm afraid, the blood isn't convincing enough.
Third - good dof and reflections, I think you hit your targets there.
Fourth - Both very good, I slightly prefer the first with the brighter orange.

A good start to the project.

I thought I'd commented on your thread but obviously not.

First - good clear shot particularly in colour.
Second - not a fan I'm afraid, the blood isn't convincing enough.
Third - good dof and reflections, I think you hit your targets there.
Fourth - Both very good, I slightly prefer the first with the brighter orange.

A good start to the project.

Thanks for your comments, What blood:LOL: think you may have got your threads mixed up, theres no blood in my fear

Right, 1,3 and 4 are correct but 2 is wrong. God knows whose thread that was but I'll track it down eventually...

Er, still not a fan of 2 though oddly enough so I'd have got away with it if I hadn't mentioned the blood!

Nice cakes Liz, did you make them yourself? I really like your shot I think #1 pips it for me. (y)

Nick

Thanks, no i didn't make them myself, our lovely developement technologist made them

Thanks Alan, that sort of light painting is quiet easy, just shoot in the dark and use a torch or light source to give you the shadows etc that you want, theres much more technical ways of doing it i'm sure but i'm starting simply

Really like your take on 'Sweet', #1 is by far my favourite.
Think you've got the colours, the layout of the cakes and the DOF spot on.
A great shot, i look forward to seeing what else you bring us in the coming weeks.

Come on get your finger out, Liz.....I'm enjoying this, where's week five?!! :thinking:

Oh, and there's a photo of my dog wearing earmuffs in my 366 if you fancy a giggle!! :LOL:

Really struggled for inspiration this week, loads of ideas, but no time to go out and shoot them, i know there are going to be weeks like that so am really pleased that i managed to get anything.

I have 3 offerings for you

#1 a little piece of history soon to be lost as its getting boarded up, i deliberately went for an old look and it was the way we secured our money at one time

Secure 1 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

and 2 modern ways of being secure, i feel its a sad world we live in when we have to resort to this, although i have to admit its in what would be considered a fairly dodgy area of Bradford

secure 2 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

and finally the hidden way of being secure, its so common these days we don't even take a great deal of notice

secure 3 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

You wait for one, then three come along at once!!!! :LOL:

You're a sod, and its about time you had another trip home to gods County for another meet, away to have a look at the dog in earmuffs:p:p:p:p

Back