weekly Lizzy23's 52 thats me i made it 1/2 way, won't get to the end

Thanks Alex, seem to have got my enthusiasm back this week, i shot 80 photos off in the factory, kept seeing other bits that i thought would make good images

Always good to get that feeling :D I am waiting for it to hit. Lacked that bolt of inspiration last week too. Maybe worth doing just a general set if there is quite a bit that grabs you.

Always good to get that feeling :D I am waiting for it to hit. Lacked that bolt of inspiration last week too. Maybe worth doing just a general set if there is quite a bit that grabs you.

I think the thing to remember with this, is that its a personal challenge, its not a competition, for me its all about getting the camera out at least once a week and if i post that i lacked inspiration on the weeks when i have, when i look back i'll be able to see what i achieved in those circumstances, and at least i got my camera out if that makes sense

Hi Lizzy - good shot of the cakes. Bit mesmerising probably because of just the few colours. Sends me a bit batty when i scroll the screen though:D

Thanks Alan, you want to stand there and watch them coming down at 15000 an hour:LOL::LOL:

another good take on the theme, like your latest one best :clap:

No 3 for me, I think the dark works well just a pity it doesn’t continue to the right edge to hide that diagonal bit

No 3 for me, I think the dark works well just a pity it doesn’t continue to the right edge to hide that diagonal bit

Thanks Trevor

3 for me too. You could do some simple PP on it to satisfy all the requests. You can easily add a darker area along the top and you could clone buns into the gaps too. ;)

Great shot though and DoF is spot on. (y)

HI Liz

Your thread is making me hungry :LOL:

Sweet.....they look scrummy ...all crit has been mentioned ( sorry for taking so long to get here :crying: ) so (y) from me

Secure....love the processing on the 1st image....works superbly :clap::clap:

Industry....#3 for me...your cropped version hits the spot....liked the original as well :)

We all have weeks that drive us scatty...you've got the right idea with getting out with the camera & then looking back to see what you achieved....sometimes the best shots or ones that work well for some unknown reason can be the least planned :)

3 for me too. You could do some simple PP on it to satisfy all the requests. You can easily add a darker area along the top and you could clone buns into the gaps too. ;)

Great shot though and DoF is spot on. (y)

Thanks see the second version, the buns are in:):)

HI Liz

Your thread is making me hungry :LOL:

Sweet.....they look scrummy ...all crit has been mentioned ( sorry for taking so long to get here :crying: ) so (y) from me

Secure....love the processing on the 1st image....works superbly :clap::clap:

Industry....#3 for me...your cropped version hits the spot....liked the original as well :)

We all have weeks that drive us scatty...you've got the right idea with getting out with the camera & then looking back to see what you achieved....sometimes the best shots or ones that work well for some unknown reason can be the least planned :)

I know, never did i think i would take as many photos at work:eek:

Number 4 for me. They're all good shots, but that one says Industry most to me.

Hiya Liz, number 1 on secure me, like the processing, it works very well. As for industry, it has to be your latest version. Looks much better full with cakes. Nice work!

Number 4 for me. They're all good shots, but that one says Industry most to me.

nice set for industry Liz. like the number 3 for the DoF, but i like the colour in number 1

Thanks, looking forward to the next theme now, especially seen as i'm away for a week:):):):):):) just hope when it comes out i have some connection on my phone:D

The last one is nice. It is nicely symetrical with killer depth of field. Very nice.

Sigh - #1 is my favourite, love the reflection in the iron and that it's in focus and the iron isn't, nicely balanced picture, great idea.

Sweet - Nice use of different shapes.

Secure - It has to be #1 for me. Great capture of a time long ago.

Will be late posting this week as away till Saturday, with just phone Internet access

Really like you're latest take on industry, nice framing, angle and DOF.

Feeling a little hungry now..

OOoo very nice Liz... a great set, I'm liking 1 and 4, 1 for the colours and DOF, and 4 is a cracking shot, love the dof and angle on that one (y)

2nd one for me even though the 4th one is the one screaming "industry" but the blue in the second shot, the buns, and the intricate pattern of the blue plastic just pops right out of the screen to me.

Well done

Thanks all, just to let everyone know i haven't given up on this, but will be posting week 7 and 8 together as my DOH had a great idea for root that we couldn't do on holiday and i have a decent idea for handmade so will post them both together

Better late than never ;) week 7 Root, one for the musicians amongst you, and i have to confess my DOH's idea. :)

root 5 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

and a closer cropped version

root 4 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

Last edited:
And heres my own version of handmade i make a lot of things to sell in aid of Springer rescue so it had to be the sewing machine, this was my first attempt at doing anything with a timer, i wanted a long enough shutter speed to blur my hand, but not too slow that you didn't know what it was

Handmade 2 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

and a B/W version

Handmade 1 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

Hi Liz. I really like your second root shot; the first is a nice composition, but I think it needs the hand in focus to really work.

Handmade, I'm not completely getting the theme from. I know it IS handmade, but for me too much of the machine is coming through. Nice image though; I prefer the colour one as its almost monochrome anyway.

Hi Liz. I really like your second root shot; the first is a nice composition, but I think it needs the hand in focus to really work.

Handmade, I'm not completely getting the theme from. I know it IS handmade, but for me too much of the machine is coming through. Nice image though; I prefer the colour one as its almost monochrome anyway.

Yep, Im not getting handmade primarily either again even though it's obvious you're sewing something and again I think it's due to the large placement / focus on the machine rather than the "craft"

Thanks for your comments and taken on board, i'm a tad busy this week, but if i get chance i may go for a re shoot

Hi Liz, I'm liking your first root shot, I agree that the focus should be more on the hand though and I also agree with the comments that the sewing machine should be less prominent to be more on theme. Saying that though it's still a well taken image.

Hi Liz, I'm liking your first root shot, I agree that the focus should be more on the hand though and I also agree with the comments that the sewing machine should be less prominent to be more on theme. Saying that though it's still a well taken image.

Thanks Phil, :)

Hi Liz I like your Root #1 shot very much - my favourite of all 3 shots you posted.
But please excuse my ignorance - what is the 'root' connection to the guitar - some musical term I guess??

Its a Bass guitar and a note played on a bass is the Root of a chord played on a 6 string guitar for instance if a guitar is playing a g major chord thats made up of the notes g, b and d so all the bassist would have to play is a G which is the root of the chord, Bass players play root notes of chords more than any other chord tone.

Ps i didn't know all that its just been explained to me by my DOH he says he's playing a B Flat in the photo

Well onwards to week 9, and surprisingly i'm still in, for those of you who run your own business, you maybe familiar with the pain in the bum thats accounting on a weekly basis, DOH is he gets paid in Cash most weeks and then has to make it all balance, 2 offerings for you again this week

money 3 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

Money 2 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

Yes definitely number 2. Very nice indeed :)

Back