Local Cricket

nice but only two? :).. I bet your batsman all had dark faces like the one above? I can see you had the sun behind you.. try shooting into the sun you will get much better results re shadow faces :)

nice but only two? :).. I bet your batsman all had dark faces like the one above? I can see you had the sun behind you.. try shooting into the sun you will get much better results re shadow faces :)

Thanks for the tip re: shooting into the sun. I have tried shooting from the opposite end of the ground before but I always seem to struggle for some strange reason. Not all of the others I took had shadows over their faces but those pictures lacked any impact if you know what I mean. I liked to top one because he was fending off a short delivery although I would of liked to see the ball closer to the player. I will give it another go next weekend to see if I can do any better. Thanks Kipax :)

he ballers your ok wiht.. but all the batsmen will have peaked helmets or worse still the hat in your pic.. I find shooting into the sun and over exposing by at least 1 and a half stops gets me a good clear face with no shadows... then a quick auto contrast or whatever in photoshop and they tend to come out OK .. I hate shooting with the sun towards them when the sun is high.....

failing that.. if you go later in the eavning for the second iniings when the sun has dropped its less harsh and you can shoot wiht it behind you and the colours are so much better.. you will see the ball is more red if that makes sense ... my preffered time is end of firts innings.. tea and start of second.. theres a lot more action at the end of an innigs and more chance of wickets

oh.. local t20 is perfect.. 6pm at night.. sun lovely low and coloured kits :)

he ballers your ok wiht.. but all the batsmen will have peaked helmets or worse still the hat in your pic.. I find shooting into the sun and over exposing by at least 1 and a half stops gets me a good clear face with no shadows... then a quick auto contrast or whatever in photoshop and they tend to come out OK .. I hate shooting with the sun towards them when the sun is high.....

failing that.. if you go later in the eavning for the second iniings when the sun has dropped its less harsh and you can shoot wiht it behind you and the colours are so much better.. you will see the ball is more red if that makes sense ... my preffered time is end of firts innings.. tea and start of second.. theres a lot more action at the end of an innigs and more chance of wickets

oh.. local t20 is perfect.. 6pm at night.. sun lovely low and coloured kits :)

Good suggestion about shooting later in the day but I catch up with my mates for a few beers at 3pm. Which is more important photography or beer? :):) I will certainly use you suggestion to over expose to avoid the shadows. Thanks again.

Back