Local Rugby Derby

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi here are some pics from yesterday. Weymouth vs Dorchester. A tough, hard fought game. This season is the first season in 20 years that they have met in a league fixture - Dorchester always used to be the richer cousin playing in higher leagues. Recently they have gone through a lean patch though and Weymouth are rebuilding with a young talented team.

Dorchester beat Weymouth a few weeks ago. This time Weymouth took the home advantage and won 21-15 despite a close finish with a desperate final onslaught from Dorch and the ref running 8 minutes of injury time. To add to the spice a few ex-Weymouth players now play for Dorchester.

This is the first time Dorchester (green) have played at Weymouth (blue) and lost in over 20 years. There were a few hundred spectating...

C&C really appreciated:

IMG_3941.jpg

IMG_3942.jpg

IMG_3943.jpg

IMG_3954.jpg

IMG_3956.jpg

IMG_3957.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

Hi Freester
Lot of info / history there on the teams.
Must try to take in a game next Oct when I visit Lyme Regis.

Nice sports set.
Like No1 best. Caught expression on player's face, nice action and ball in shot. Focus looks a little soft. Not sure if it's too slow a shutter speed or just not focussed on player.
IMO the shot is a little too busy. The players in the background interfere with the action of the main subjects. Next time I think you should go for groups of three - difficult, but that's what you need for that killer shot !

Like No3 - good, up close stuff. I'd try cropping in closer, maybe the three green and one blue, somewhere around that area. IMO would give more impact. Oh, by the way, those guys in green look as if they could use a serious workout !

Think I've said enough - all have good points and potential.
Keep shooting.

Nice, sharp images. Overall, I think you should crop a little tighter on the action but it's good that you've got such good lines of vision on the ball carrier. Really like no. 3 of the scrum.

Cheers for the feedback - I must crop in more. A lot of the above were a good crop in on the original already so a bit scared to crop even further.

I was also shooting a bit of film on the day. The film was a bit slow for the conditions so when the action came close I was trying with my film camera. Hopefully a few of those came out OK...

Cheers for the feedback - I must crop in more. A lot of the above were a good crop in on the original already so a bit scared to crop even further.

I was also shooting a bit of film on the day. The film was a bit slow for the conditions so when the action came close I was trying with my film camera. Hopefully a few of those came out OK...
Two jobs on the one go - wow...
You're a man of many talents.
Oh, by the way, some lovely portrait shots in your Flickr site. (y)

Last edited:
Two jobs on the one go - wow...
You're a man of many talents.
Oh, by the way, some lovely portrait shots in your Flickr site. (y)

Thanks!

No 8 for me, just shows no matter what goes on during the 80 minutes you always clap off you opponents and give a hand shake.

Now go and shoot a real mans game, ie League. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

No 8 for me, just shows no matter what goes on during the 80 minutes you always clap off you opponents and give a hand shake.

Thanks - you might prefer this one then... (film shot from a match a few weeks ago)

Now go and shoot a real mans game, ie League. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Oi! :bat:

He He.

Back