Londinium Night and Day - Update - No 6 edited

joescrivens

Suspended / Banned
Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to london over the past week and tried my first night exposures as well as some day shots. C&C appreciated good and bad.

shot this through the gates of parliament, I wanted a non traditional big ben shot, dunno if it works or not
4284912774_cc5e3e6c36_o.jpg

4284167091_e72d980591_o.jpg

4284167193_b81b3608dd_o.jpg

4284912536_f3692f5df9_o.jpg

4284166875_e0b3ba848a_o.jpg

4284912320_a5e3949cc1_o.jpg

Last edited:
Stunningly good set.

2,3 and 5 really stand out for me. Outstanding framing and DoF. Definitely Canvas-Worthy.

No 6 does not do the rest of the set justice IMO - not sure if it is the rain or that the larger DoF that puts me off. Could be one to have some PP fun with like selective colouring? Just my opinion though!

thanks for the praise. Number 6 I might try and add some extra bokeh, I have done selective colouring on it and a couple of others, kind of cheesy. I really can't decide whether I like it.

I really like Big Ben through the gate, a nice twist on a familiar landmark. Very original and strong composition.

2 and 3 are well executed night shots, they look very nice.

Anyone else getting vertigo looking at 4 with its tilted phone box? And there's something slightly askew with 5 as well... don't mind me, I'm a sucker for geometric perspective.

6 says nothing much to me.

But 1... I'd be pleased to go home just with that. Well done.

Fantastic Captures I Really Like No.1 No.2 No.3 No.5 And No.6 Very Sharp And Crisp And Great Colours Very Well Done

Kirk

I really like Big Ben through the gate, a nice twist on a familiar landmark. Very original and strong composition.

2 and 3 are well executed night shots, they look very nice.

Anyone else getting vertigo looking at 4 with its tilted phone box? And there's something slightly askew with 5 as well... don't mind me, I'm a sucker for geometric perspective.

6 says nothing much to me.

But 1... I'd be pleased to go home just with that. Well done.

thanks for the opinions, does this help your vertigo any?

4284213221_27c51c0e7d_o.jpg

I must get myself down to that Londinium place sometime soon. What shutterspeeds did you use for 3 and 5?

5 at 25 seconds? I take it the wheel wasn't in action then? Also, I think the jetty cropped off the bottom would make it a great panoramic style shot. Great set!!

Yeah it was still, which wasn't what I wanted actually.

I took the bottom out before but I put it back because I found the rooms in the jetty really interesting. I think there isn't quite enough of the water to get the decent panoramic, perhaps I could clone some in

Those night shots are stunning, really really impressive!

thanks all, I've just printed the Tower Bridge one at a4 and it looks great

Yep it most certainly does!

I really like that Joe! It really pops at you! Tis a great iconic image! (y)

Back