london aquarium

Name
joe
Edit My Images
No
some shots that i took in london aquarium last week,

please comment on what i can improve, thank you :)

DSCF300722.jpg

DSCF30982.jpg

DSCF29882.jpg

DSCF31372.jpg

DSCF29632.jpg

Don't take aquarium shots ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Aquarium shots are pretty difficult simply because the very thick glass and low lighting make for very distorted images.

Always try to take the picture straight on to the glass, and even go so far as pressing the lens up against the glass and wait for the fish to fill the frame.

Flash isn't going to do a whole lot of good, as most of it will bounce off the glass, and a lot of the time isn't allowed as it scares the fish. I've not taken that many pictures of fish in aquarium - it ranks up there with zoo shots for me - but here's one that turned out alright with a bit of PP

CRW_1943.jpg

I did a set from here a few weeks back and found it one of the hardest places to shoot Ive ever come across! Hoardes of elbowing kids, glass smeared with snot, ice cream and other sticky fingered smudges, dark conditions and fast moving fish - a total nightmare LOL!

What caught me out a bit as well, was the images looked pretty sharp on the viewfinder, but when I got home, I realised I had a set of mainly blurred coloured smudges instead of the pin sharp fish I thought I had!! If I went back, Id crank the ISO up much higher (I used mainly 400 and I think Id risk 800 or even 1600 next time) so I could use faster shutter speeds. Id also bring an old lens cloth to wipe away some of the disgusting soilage on the glass :D .

I think you did OK. No1 is probably my favourite as you have managed to fill the frame with fish and thats no easy feat!

Back